Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Shoemaker's server (Read 15630 times)
Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Re: Shoemaker's server
Reply #50 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I feel like I'm missing some good popcorn.  Other than being a wiki admin has shoemaker done something to get all of you so butthurt?

Runs a "best wiki admin" competition on the shithole, wins it, claims the prize of a life-time VIP. lol

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 3:40pm:
Runs a "best wiki admin" competition on the shithole, wins it, claims the prize of a life-time VIP. lol

Damn.  Ok yeah.  Lets burn him.  To quote John Oliver  “Seize your moment my lovely trolls, turn on caps lock, and fly my pretties, fly, fly!”

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #52 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 3:40pm:

Are you sure it wouldn't be more appropriate to be hi-fiving him for making such an obvious sucker of Jerry?

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 4:40pm:
Are you sure it wouldn't be more appropriate to be hi-fiving him for making such an obvious sucker of Jerry?

I'm torn. But really, does Turbine make lifetime VIPs out of their paladins?  There's a pile of people they list with almost every Chronicle.  The Damsels of DDO, YourDDO, The Order of Syncletica, etc.  Do all of these folks get a lifetime VIP?

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #54 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 2:02am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 4:40pm:

I'll go ahead and make a claim that most of us are jealous little bitches  Grin

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #55 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 2:04am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 4:47pm:
I'm torn. But really, does Turbine make lifetime VIPs out of their paladins?  There's a pile of people they list with almost every Chronicle.  The Damsels of DDO, YourDDO, The Order of Syncletica, etc.  Do all of these folks get a lifetime VIP?

Yeah, but did they come up with a "rigged competition" on the shithole? should be asking that instead.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #56 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 4:02am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 2:02am:
I'll go ahead and make a claim that most of us are jealous little bitches  Grin

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 5:42am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 2:04am:
Yeah, but did they come up with a "rigged competition" on the shithole? should be asking that instead.

But you didn't answer the question.  Do all of their paladins get free VIPs?  I like to watch the Damsels vids, and in one I've seen Jerry say that he'll give them a free companion.  But that's not the same as a lifetime VIP.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #58 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 5:50am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 5:42am:
But you didn't answer the question.  Do all of their paladins get free VIPs?  I like to watch the Damsels vids, and in one I've seen Jerry say that he'll give them a free companion.  But that's not the same as a lifetime VIP.

Like I said, I doubt that all of them get a lifetime vip, but sometimes they get TP gifts here and there.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #59 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 4:12am
Print Post  
hmm, all is fine and uneventful, really. but i didn't consider, that cordovan will use it, too ....

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #60 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 5:42am:

No.

ShoeMaker being an exception.  Except Turbine didn't 'give' it to him, he "won" it in his own contest.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #61 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Durk wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 1:13pm:
No.

ShoeMaker being an exception.  Except Turbine didn't 'give' it to him, he "won" it in his own contest.

What a D-bag.

IP Logged

MarkofDoom
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 10:21pm:
IKR?

I've already gained respect for Shoemaker

yk49 isn't Shoemaker, that's gotta be yoko5000, a much more level headed admin. Yoko was the one who made the edit to the banner anyway. Save your respect for someone who deserves it, Shoemaker has thinner skin than even Cordo. See his reaction to people complaining about plastering his winning his own contest all over the home page for proof.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Durk wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 1:13pm:

A good part of that is on Jerry, IMO.  It's been a while since I read the thread on the DDO boards, but IIRC Shoemaker set up the 'contest' and only prompted Jerry to provide whatever prize he wanted to provide.

Jerry should have seen that Shoe was participating in his own contest and called bullshit.  Since that is complete and utter bullshit.  The 'winner' was fairly well predetermined since Shoe is probably the most frequent editor on the wiki and is also the most vocal on the DDO boards.  So his name is the most well known.

And then Jerry kicking in a free lifetime sub really just seems like collusion at that point.  Not that I'd set almost anything as being below Jerry's line for favoritism, he fairly well proves that by his constant coddling of his farcical player's council members and other fanboys without a clue.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #64 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
MarkofDoom wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 1:34pm:
yk49 isn't Shoemaker, that's gotta be yoko5000, a much more level headed admin. Yoko was the one who made the edit to the banner anyway. Save your respect for someone who deserves it

Well, thanks go to yk49. And then something that probably sounds like ingratitude: I didn't ask for a smaller banner. I'm glad it's smaller, but mostly that was hope that Shoemaker, or someone was listening, and something like a conversation might happen.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint