Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Epic Level & Iconic TR (Read 75800 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: Epic Level & Iconic TR
Reply #325 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Oh and the shining crown on top of everything, proof that Cordovan don't play the game anymore :

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/418543-Epic-Level-amp-Iconic-TR?p=5025...

Otherwise he wouldn't have been wondering... we all know it's possible, farming the high XP/min quests is just because it's easier and less painful... who wants to spend 2 hours in a quest for 2K XP when anotehr can give you 10K in 10 minutes ?
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2013 at 1:30pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #326 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 19th, 2013 at 1:29pm:
Oh and the shining crown on top of everything, proof that Cordovan don't play the game anymore :

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/418543-Epic-Level-amp-Iconic-TR?p=5025...

Otherwise he wouldn't have been wondering... we all know it's possible, farming the high XP/min quests is just because it's easier and less painful... who wants to spend 2 hours in a quest for 2K XP when anotehr can give you 10K in 10 minutes ?

None of them "play" still. They try out the new crap and move back to AC or LOTRO...or whatever else

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #327 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 19th, 2013 at 1:29pm:

Quote:
That's interesting, I've always personally wondered about this [upon learning that it is possible to get to level 20 on a 36pt life without repeating quests]. Thanks for doing it and reporting the results.

He couldn't have wondered about it that hard. 

The math isn't difficult, and the amount of XP available per quest and explorer achievement is not kept a secret.

My first inclination would be to do the math, but couldn't Jerry have just asked one of the Experts at DDO?

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #328 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Luxgolg wrote on Jun 19th, 2013 at 1:38pm:
None of them "play" still. They try out the new crap in god mode and move back to AC or LOTRO...or whatever else

fify

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #329 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Luxgolg wrote on Jun 19th, 2013 at 1:24pm:
Agreed...looking at the LOTRO forums shows that there are people at Turbine who give a fuck. Cordo is not that person. Neither is Tolero. MajMal IS doing that job. IS being a community rep and at least talking to the playerbase about the issues.

I see the same thing at Asheron's Call and Ifininite crisis

https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forums/post_tracker.php?tracker=dev
https://www.asheronscall.com/en/forums/

I think what that douchnozzle jerry needs to do is stay the fuck out of their forums and keep his goddamned attention on his own forums at DDO.

And Tolero? Where the hell did she go off to? Is she now a general Turbine rep for all of them or is she still a DDO rep?

I have a lot more respect for her than jerry.

One would certainly think he could be posting in the DDO forums more often, like Sapience, Celestrata andSeverlin do.

Has anyone ever seen any of those reps I named post in DDO forums? I haven't.

That makes me wonder why the fuck Jerry is posting in them for. Fucker needs to spend less time worrying about those games and more time working on his image at DDO.

EDIT: and then I go actually look, and Severlin is the producer on AC2, celestrata is 'Turbine' community team, and sapience is a community manager.

And Cordovan? He is apparently an 'administrator' for LoTRO, Turbine community relations on AC2, and Turbine Community Team at Infinite Crisis and DDO.

« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2013 at 2:21pm by umeannothing »  

MAGA!

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #330 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Proof that Jerry is good at his job as that you fucking asshats are blaming a low paid forum mod for your issues with the game and it's direction rather than quitting or fucking blaming the people who actually have a say in how the fucking game gets made.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #331 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 19th, 2013 at 2:39pm:
rather than quitting

Meh.  You constantly say how terrible the game is and how everyone should quit.  Just because you don't like it anymore, doesn't mean that everyone else needs to see it the same way.  I don't like SWTOR.  Or GW2.  Or NWO.  But I've got no problem with other people enjoying them. 

At some point, you are just a broken record re-living your old butt hurt.  How long are you going to bitch and moan about a game that you haven't played in, what?, 6 months now?  A year?

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #332 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jun 18th, 2013 at 7:30pm:
Designing endgame would require developers to play endgame.  I don't want WoW-complicated boss fights, but there's got to be a better endgame challenge than the Truthful One loot piņata.

you dont understand. TR'ing over and over is the only end game turbine is working towards. Costs less and makes for an easy transition to maintanence mode.

I know we all want turbine to reverse time an go back in time when ddo wasnt such a pile of shit. Since that will never happen, its long past time to move on and not sully the memories of a good game with the farce its become.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #333 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Jun 19th, 2013 at 5:32pm:
you dont understand. TR'ing over and over is the only end game turbine is working towards. Costs less and makes for an easy transition to maintanence mode.

I know we all want turbine to reverse time an go back in time when ddo wasnt such a pile of shit. Since that will never happen, its long past time to move on and not sully the memories of a good game with the farce its become.

Game's still fun and costs me nearly nothing to play.  When it ceases being fun it's time to move on.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #334 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 19th, 2013 at 7:15pm:
Game's still fun and costs me nearly nothing to play.  When it ceases being fun it's time to move on.

Agreed.  Game is still fun and cheap entertainment.  Definitely worth the cost of admission.  $30 for Shadowfell a year after MoTU is not a large expense.

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #335 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 3:21am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 19th, 2013 at 11:41pm:
Agreed.  Game is still fun and cheap entertainment.  Definitely worth the cost of admission.  $30 for Shadowfell a year after MoTU is not a large expense.   

You make a good point that the game is a cheap entertainment and still fun.  Like in my case, I am comparing it to movie tickets.

...but the reason I won't be paying a cent again is that, I don't want to contribute to the idea that they can provide some shitty customer relations and bug ridden releases and can still get away with money.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #336 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 3:44am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 19th, 2013 at 11:29am:
I don't think you get 1 for 1 value on Heroic XP when Epic XP is so bloated already. 

Even if it were "bloated", which I don't concede, it's sure as hell not going to be bloated when the level cap goes up to 28.  I haven't seen any word on removing repetition penalties, and there's still an over-level penalty on epic quests, even if the band is broader; the latter will make its impact felt more when you have to level to at least 26 to avoid repeat penalties.

No one would run level 18-20 on a heroic TR anymore.  If you can get 1 to 1 XP spend, you would buy that 1 million XP and then run Rusted Blades for 2 hours to get it back. 

What are you going to do after the first half-hour when your XP is capped at 300ish due to extreme repetition?  Or do you actually mean "run Rusted Blades for 2 hours after hitting the new XP cap"? 

Ultimately, for all the bitching (mine too) about the lack of decent XP/min content in the last couple of heroic levels, there's actually plenty of different stuff to do, even if some of it doesn't offer a very good return for your time.  This will not be the case with epic levels when you have to find millions more XP before you can afford to start repeating the good stuff: how much more Epic content have you seen slated to appear before these changes go through?

A more rational thing to do would be to use that banked XP to get you faster to XP cap so you can start your favourite farm, if that's your thing.  And bear in mind, you'll have to be doing all of this different content with no twists, starting either with no destiny at all, or in just the destiny you bonded.  If you want to re-fill destinies to top-up this XP bank, you'll have to spend a lot of time in off-destinies - again - in order to do it.

No thanks.

You would end up with huge dead spots for grouping in the leveling process for those who did not have XP banked.

Whereas there are of course no dead spots for grouping while levelling right now  Roll Eyes

It makes no never-mind to me as I solo everything, but the constant refrain from my guildies is that they have LFM's up for long periods of time before they fill.  And that's with pretty much all of them TR'ing like crazy before any changes are made, which I imagine is the situation with a lot of people.  Goodness knows what it'll be like when a load of folks are turned off TR'ing at all because they can't face the ED grind all over again, or because they don't trust that they won't have to start from scratch the next time the level cap goes up.

I agree with the XP being 1 for 1 on spending it on re-leveling 20-28 and re-buying ED XP, but at heroic, you would have to go with 2 for 1.    

Fuck that noise.  If you can re-buy ED XP with it, what's the point of having the complicated banking mechanism in the first place?  Sure, if you want you can blow through some of the awkward spots in heroic levelling and make up the difference once you've hit XP cap again, but I for one would just re-buy my ED's so I didn't have to spend weeks of my game time - which is very limited these days - bleeding from my eye sockets in the same two quests (assuming, that is, that such is even a viable strategy at the new cap)... and what would they have gained towards their implied goal of making me play epic content over and over at that point? 

Removing ONE destiny for one Epic PL is fine if you can only do it once per life; you'll have to play the epic content again in order to use it, presumably, so why isn't that enough of an incentive?  Removing ED XP for a heroic TR just flat-out shouldn't happen under any circumstances, stupid-ass banking mechanic or not.
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2013 at 3:45am by Persiflage »  

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Ckorik
Dragon Raider

N00b

Reply #337 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Jun 20th, 2013 at 3:44am:
Fuck that noise.  If you can re-buy ED XP with it, what's the point of having the complicated banking mechanism in the first place?  Sure, if you want you can blow through some of the awkward spots in heroic levelling and make up the difference once you've hit XP cap again, but I for one would just re-buy my ED's so I didn't have to spend weeks of my game time - which is very limited these days - bleeding from my eye sockets in the same two quests (assuming, that is, that such is even a viable strategy at the new cap)... and what would they have gained towards their implied goal of making me play epic content over and over at that point? 

Because then you have choice - and choice is good.  For someone who doesn't want to run a cleric life - they can use the exp to 'skip' to 20.  For someone who likes heroic or has a system but wants to speed up the epic levels so they can get back to endgame they can 'skip' back up to 28.  For someone who thinks that they need maxed out destinies every time they turn around and TR again in 3 days - they can 'buy' the destines back.

But seriously other than the last life you plan on keeping - who cares if the destinies are filled out? If the system is compelling enough to want to EpicTR(tm) more than once it's not such a big deal - as from what I understand when you do you 'lock' a destiny so it's always filled out. What was the reason you ground out all those destinies for anyway?  Did you do it because you like to swap destinies all the time?  Did you do it because you are OCD and just needed them filled out?  Or did you do it for destiny points?

Oh - right like everyone else you did it for destiny points so you could twist.  Outside of the few abilities you want for twisting if you kept your destiny points would you really give 2 fucks about re-capping all the trees?

I know I wouldn't.
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2013 at 12:06pm by Ckorik »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #338 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Jun 20th, 2013 at 3:44am:
Even if it were "bloated", which I don't concede, it's sure as hell not going to be bloated when the level cap goes up to 28.  I haven't seen any word on removing repetition penalties, and there's still an over-level penalty on epic quests, even if the band is broader; the latter will make its impact felt more when you have to level to at least 26 to avoid repeat penalties.

What are you going to do after the first half-hour when your XP is capped at 300ish due to extreme repetition?  Or do you actually mean "run Rusted Blades for 2 hours after hitting the new XP cap"? 

Ultimately, for all the bitching (mine too) about the lack of decent XP/min content in the last couple of heroic levels, there's actually plenty of different stuff to do, even if some of it doesn't offer a very good return for your time.  This will not be the case with epic levels when you have to find millions more XP before you can afford to start repeating the good stuff: how much more Epic content have you seen slated to appear before these changes go through?

A more rational thing to do would be to use that banked XP to get you faster to XP cap so you can start your favourite farm, if that's your thing.  And bear in mind, you'll have to be doing all of this different content with no twists, starting either with no destiny at all, or in just the destiny you bonded.  If you want to re-fill destinies to top-up this XP bank, you'll have to spend a lot of time in off-destinies - again - in order to do it.

No thanks.

Whereas there are of course no dead spots for grouping while levelling right now  Roll Eyes

It makes no never-mind to me as I solo everything, but the constant refrain from my guildies is that they have LFM's up for long periods of time before they fill.  And that's with pretty much all of them TR'ing like crazy before any changes are made, which I imagine is the situation with a lot of people.  Goodness knows what it'll be like when a load of folks are turned off TR'ing at all because they can't face the ED grind all over again, or because they don't trust that they won't have to start from scratch the next time the level cap goes up.

Removing ONE destiny for one Epic PL is fine if you can only do it once per life; you'll have to play the epic content again in order to use it, presumably, so why isn't that enough of an incentive?  Removing ED XP for a heroic TR just flat-out shouldn't happen under any circumstances, stupid-ass banking mechanic or not.

OK.  You convinced me.  1 for 1 on heroic XP, too!

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #339 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
lmao  Cheesy

wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #340 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Ckorik wrote on Jun 20th, 2013 at 12:05pm:
Oh - right like everyone else you did it for destiny points so you could twist.  Outside of the few abilities you want for twisting if you kept your destiny points would you really give 2 fucks about re-capping all the trees?

I know I wouldn't.

If I kept my "destiny points" is a big freaking "if".  Those would be the fate points that the developers have said - in the event they remove your ED XP - they haven't figured out a way to keep unless you bought them from the store, yes?

Piloto:

Quote:
2. Currently, store bought Fate Points will be preserved after reincarnation. This will not change. We are investigating ways to somehow preserve regular in-game earned Fate Points, but, behind the scenes, they are different than store bought ones, so it is not completely certain that we will be able to preserve them.

Vargouille also made a post about how "tricksy" fate points are...

In short, no Turbine proposal has solidly included retaining fate points during ED loss; certainly Glin's initial proposal wouldn't have caused the ragegasm it did if it had included that idea.  If it turns out they can do it and say they're going to do it, it's a different conversation.

IP Logged

Ckorik
Dragon Raider

N00b

Reply #341 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Jun 20th, 2013 at 4:33pm:
In short, no Turbine proposal has solidly included retaining fate points during ED loss; certainly Glin's initial proposal wouldn't have caused the ragegasm it did if it had included that idea.  If it turns out they can do it and say they're going to do it, it's a different conversation.

Yes - and this *points to Mal who I know is still lurking this thread* is why the fate points are such a big f'n deal.

If you keep fate points it changes the conversation - suddenly the 'grind' doesn't look all encompassing - internally you guys have got to be honest with yourselves and admit that fate points were designed to grind destinies - and moving to a new system designed around grinding past lives really screws players who bought into the old system.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #342 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Jun 20th, 2013 at 4:33pm:

Oh, they can do it. It's all just zeroes and ones in a database. The only question is whether they choose to do it, or if they would instead rather screw over their remaining players once again.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #343 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jun 20th, 2013 at 4:43pm:
Oh, they can do it. It's all just zeroes and ones in a database. The only question is whether they choose to do it, or if they would instead rather screw over their remaining players once again.

The problem is that they seem to have problems when it comes to databases...

I'm fairly sure there's indexes missing here and there, and they have nobody competent enough to go rummage through the mess that is the data model and try to fix some of the obvious problems.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #344 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
It's not as easy as just storing how many points you have.  They actually have to store how you earned them.  Because they don't want to give away unlimited fate points.  (Which makes sense)

Since you earn 1 Fate Point per 3 ED levels, they would have to track how many overall ED levels you had earned previously and how many fate points you have, thus, how many ED levels you would need to acquire for the fate points they are "letting you keep" before you can start earning new fate points.

Example:  You have 10 fate points.  You bought a +1 tome of fate in the store.  You have earned 9 fate points.  If you Epic TR and they wipe all your ED XP but keep the fate points, they have to know that you have 1 Store Fate Point, 9 Earned ones.  To stop you from earning more than the max of 20 Fate points, they cannot give you any fate points for any ED you earn until you have earned at least 27 levels of ED's.

You won't get your 11th fate point until you have earned at least 30 ED levels this life.

So the idea of keeping Fate Points will really just give you access to your twists of fate slots while you re-level.  Here's the problem, though.  You can only slot/use a feature in a twist of fate slot if you have the item unlocked in the ED tree.  Since your XP got wiped, you would have fate points and twists, but nothing to put in them, except those from your Bonded destinies.  Once they are bonded, they should be available.  But twists from non-bonded destiny trees wouldn't be available anyways.

IP Logged

Ckorik
Dragon Raider

N00b

Reply #345 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
This is easy really - make a new database entry :

Earned fate points = # prior to reincarnation

Then add 1-2 lines of code when doing the 'add fate points' - where it currently should say something like:

Fate points = Fate points + store points +1 if less than 20 or 20

Now it can say:

Fate points = Fate points + Earned fate points + store points if less than 20 or 20

I have no idea how fragile their code is but if they can't handle the idea of a # like that they have no business messing with the enhancement system at all (which is much more fragile and complicated than a f'n number)

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #346 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 20th, 2013 at 4:56pm:
Example:  You have 10 fate points.  You bought a +1 tome of fate in the store.  You have earned 9 fate points.  If you Epic TR and they wipe all your ED XP but keep the fate points, they have to know that you have 1 Store Fate Point, 9 Earned ones.  To stop you from earning more than the max of 20 Fate points, they cannot give you any fate points for any ED you earn until you have earned at least 27 levels of ED's.

You won't get your 11th fate point until you have earned at least 30 ED levels this life.

[snip]

Since your XP got wiped, you would have fate points and twists, but nothing to put in them, except those from your Bonded destinies.  Once they are bonded, they should be available.  But twists from non-bonded destiny trees wouldn't be available anyways. 

In answer to the first, Varg has posited a scenario in which you keep your fate points and can continue earning fate points through levelling destinies, but only up to the current "fate point cap", whatever that is.  Store-bought on top, naturally.

In answer to the second...  well, quite.  Although having to level one ED to 4, another to 2 and another to 1 in addition to whichever I want my primary destiny to be this life doesn't strike me as exceedingly onerous, particularly if the payoff is decent.

But working for all those twist slots again?  No.  Really, no.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #347 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 2:42am
Print Post  
It's not as easy as just storing how many points you have.  They actually have to store how you earned them.  Because they don't want to give away unlimited fate points.  (Which makes sense)

We already know the points earned by levelling are stored diferently from the point from Books.

So that makes two entries in a given character sheet in the character database.
Unless they were for a complex data model to hide information, a given character ( and all the stats, items, favor, ... ) is stored as one record. In the record there's the account number as the account is the reference...

At a guess it is something like that :

Account
Char First Name
Char Last Name
Char Guild
Char Guild Rank
Char Stat 1 to 6
Char Tome 1 to 6
Char Class 1 to 3
Char Class Level 1 to 3
Char Rank
Char Is Epic  ( Flag )
Char Destiny Level  1...X
Char Active Destiny
Char Earned Fate
Char Fate Tome

From there with the right views and queries you can do everything.
Indexing by Account and Character Name for that table is mandatory.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #348 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Jun 20th, 2013 at 5:40pm:
In answer to the first, Varg has posited a scenario in which you keep your fate points and can continue earning fate points through levelling destinies, but only up to the current "fate point cap", whatever that is.  Store-bought on top, naturally.

In answer to the second...  well, quite.  Although having to level one ED to 4, another to 2 and another to 1 in addition to whichever I want my primary destiny to be this life doesn't strike me as exceedingly onerous, particularly if the payoff is decent.

But working for all those twist slots again?  No.  Really, no.

On the first:  If you can immediately start earning fate points again, just with it capping at 20, that would be awesome.  I'd rather Epic TR my monk and re-level destinies that don't suck to earn fate points (like Primal Avatar, LD, Fury, etc) than have to level Fatesinger, Magister, Draconic, etc. 

On the second:  Yeah.  It's not too bad to go get them.  Depending on the pathing.  If you have to re-unlock them, that could be more work.

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #349 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 10:21am
Print Post  

To stop you from earning more than the max of 20 Fate points, they cannot give you any fate points for any ED you earn until you have earned at least 27 levels of ED's.

that's darn near perfect...they have a (nearly) identical system set up for TP bonuses with favor so they have the technology Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 
Send TopicPrint