Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) 20 Ranger Tempest Sucks! (Read 32674 times)
Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: 20 Ranger Tempest Sucks!
Reply #50 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:47pm:
Tru dat. Basically everybody that sucked on other characters is playing ES warlock with shield. Bonus points for Sentinel.

yep. ES warlock with ES capstone (losing large dps from TS capstone), opposition set, and usually sentinel. I converted one to shiradi the other day. tried to get him to do EA Sad

i like the ones who literally just shield block and spam blasts....10 minutes to kill a mob.
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2016 at 5:29pm by Sergod »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #51 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 12:18pm:
I can confirm 5% Cheesy

Those were entertaining times.

Hehe, shortly after first Cove ( omg Cavalry plate ! ) I had 85 ac stalwart - so enough for elite Sully and hard Horoth or elite Horoth with bark and bard.
Only time when I literally went to piss during Horoth tankage.
Or 2 hours elite Vod pug with total pug dps of zero, not kidding.
Still, those were the best times indeed.
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2016 at 6:10pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 6:05pm:
Hehe, shortly after first Cove ( omg Cavalry plate ! ) I had 85 ac stalwart - so enough for elite Sully and hard Horoth or elite Horoth with bark and bard.
Only time when I literally went to piss during Horoth tankage.
Or 2 hours elite Vod pug with total pug dps of zero, not kidding.
Still, those were the best times indeed.

Tank will heal himself with Csw pots

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #53 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 1:10am
Print Post  
Quote:
What kind of AC do I need for LE and what % of the time would I get hit from it?

For LE? For it to matter? Well over 200. PRR should be over 200 if you're a Tank (preferably over 250) but since you're a Ranger, over 100 for sure. MRR should be AT LEAST 50.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

taco
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 3:23am
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 12:28pm:
Ah well that most likely explains why Raids are unbearably laggy... Raid bosses and encounters that last long enough most likely have a more complex mechanic going on.   I am still willing to bet that trash follows a much simpler rule (most likely a 16 point 'range') these days for your AC.   

It was d20 back then but you still had grazes 35% of the time, tower shields halved graze damage and then you had shield + shield blocking DR too so grazes didn't really do shit to tanks. Grazes also didn't proc magical effect like the LoB HP debuff, so with enough AC you could just mash intim and have the hox shield heal all that graze damage.

Trash these days and bosses too I'm pretty sure use d100, hopefully weighted but it's AC so who's really going to bother testing it. In any case it's almost impossible to get to never hit now and just like to-hit you need like +10-20 AC to maybe see a 5% change in getting hit so it's a waste of time building for. I said maybe 5% because they may be using that pseudo d20 stuff that to-hit has where you can roll a 17 and miss while a roll of 13 can hit.
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2016 at 3:28am by taco »  

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 6:09am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 4:37pm:
Dodge, incorporeal, and blur are your friends.   Getting AC on a light armor ranger is fool's errand.

Displacement clickies are also your friend.

Ah, another gullible imbecile blathering away like you understand the game.  You may want to make a new completionist toon as you apparently missed everything the first time around.  Or maybe swallowing all those loads from your guild leader who also thought he knew what he was doing somehow clouded your judgtement.

First of all let me put your in your place.  I capped around 60 characters before you started your little TR queer quest to go around and around to try to get people to recognize you with your single character.

I am the one who taught the stuff to the people who taught you.   I know better than you, by a long long ways.  Period.

Let me explain again how it works since the first time you apparently didn't get it.

All the numbers you see on your character sheet?  Meaningless.   Oh there is some meaning to it but nothing close to what you think it is.

I'll say it again for the borderline retarded like this guy (bigjunk), the system takes a rough composite of your character and then breaks it down into some much much simpler than you think.

I have played the game since 2006, believe me, I know much much much more than you do.   Almost everything that you were taught (since you never came up with anything on your own, I was the one who innovated years before the people who taught you found out about it.

Anyway as I was saying, the system asks a few simple questions before creating a simple hit/defense matrix for your character.   Did you try to maintain an AC that is adequate for the level and difficult that your doing? Or did you go the way of the stupid dumb  DDO Vault fuck and dump AC and say something gay and retarded to the effect of "blur" displacement" ghostly is your friend" As if you had some semblance of what was going on in the game.   This is why your defense tanks.  Becuase your a stupid fuck who can't stop mouthing off like you know what your doing.

This is the reason why you can get away with EH with dumping AC and going w/ blur/displacement/ghostly/dodge etc.   Becuase EH and EE create your hit/defense matrix differently.    On EE if you dumped AC it will tank your chance to defend. 

Believe me, concerning trash mobs there are only 4 classes that you fall into as to whether you are getting hit or not.    It is probably more complex with ongoing fights with raid bosses, but with trash I can tell you it is a much much simpler system than you think it is and it is nothing like what you think you know.  So accept that your  a fucking idiot and move on.
EDIT:  Oh and Bigjunk, I'm sorry if you took offense to anything I said, it wasn't meant to be offensive.
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2016 at 6:22am by Daggertooth »  

IP Logged

yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 7:10am
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 6:09am:
Ah, another gullible imbecile blathering away like you understand the game.  You may want to make a new completionist toon as you apparently missed everything the first time around.  Or maybe swallowing all those loads from your guild leader who also thought he knew what he was doing somehow clouded your judgtement.

First of all let me put your in your place.  I capped around 60 characters before you started your little TR queer quest to go around and around to try to get people to recognize you with your single character.

I am the one who taught the stuff to the people who taught you.   I know better than you, by a long long ways.  Period.

Let me explain again how it works since the first time you apparently didn't get it.

All the numbers you see on your character sheet?  Meaningless.   Oh there is some meaning to it but nothing close to what you think it is.

I'll say it again for the borderline retarded like this guy (bigjunk), the system takes a rough composite of your character and then breaks it down into some much much simpler than you think.

I have played the game since 2006, believe me, I know much much much more than you do.   Almost everything that you were taught (since you never came up with anything on your own, I was the one who innovated years before the people who taught you found out about it.

Anyway as I was saying, the system asks a few simple questions before creating a simple hit/defense matrix for your character.   Did you try to maintain an AC that is adequate for the level and difficult that your doing? Or did you go the way of the stupid dumb  DDO Vault fuck and dump AC and say something gay and retarded to the effect of "blur" displacement" ghostly is your friend" As if you had some semblance of what was going on in the game.   This is why your defense tanks.  Becuase your a stupid fuck who can't stop mouthing off like you know what your doing.

This is the reason why you can get away with EH with dumping AC and going w/ blur/displacement/ghostly/dodge etc.   Becuase EH and EE create your hit/defense matrix differently.    On EE if you dumped AC it will tank your chance to defend. 

Believe me, concerning trash mobs there are only 4 classes that you fall into as to whether you are getting hit or not.    It is probably more complex with ongoing fights with raid bosses, but with trash I can tell you it is a much much simpler system than you think it is and it is nothing like what you think you know.  So accept that your  a fucking idiot and move on.
EDIT:  Oh and Bigjunk, I'm sorry if you took offense to anything I said, it wasn't meant to be offensive.

TLDR

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #57 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 7:18am
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 6:09am:
[Snip]

I thought this was familiar.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/263905-Is-AC-40-viable-for-at-endgame?...

Daggertooth, no offense, but you sucked in 2010, sucked before that, and continue to suck.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #58 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 7:38am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 7:18am:
Daggertooth, no offense, but you sucked in 2010, sucked before that, and continue to suck.

Shh. Maybe if we're lucky, he'll tell us how manyshot works.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #59 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 7:45am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 7:38am:
Shh. Maybe if we're lucky, he'll tell us how manyshot works.

More likely he'll tell us all about Cleave, Web, and something called "character honing" (which abbreviates to "choning" but seems to be something less interesting).

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1339027563/24#24

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 8:37am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 7:18am:
I thought this was familiar.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/263905-Is-AC-40-viable-for-at-endgame?...

2010.. yeah that was the year you recovered from the first time I beat you all senseless in 2006 and were finally able to implement what I was saying then without you ego's figuring it out.  How long has this been going on?  I basically have to come here every few years and beat you senseless, you all mouth off like you know what your doing... and then 3 years later I come back and you've silently adopted everything I was saying after you were finally able to heal and regress it from your consciousness.   
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2016 at 8:40am by Daggertooth »  

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 8:47am
Print Post  
If you want to see something really scary, you can all find out why we've finally been relieved from being forced to "at least be listening to everyone mouth off over voice chat, even if your too shy to talk"

This is why I was originally crucified/banned from the official forums back in 2006 as my original handle, Vlad the Impaler.    I died so that today you wouldnt have to be subjected to these asshats yammering on infinitely over voice chat.

Basically the entire quality of your lives today is due to me at one point having to have been subjected to you mouthing off like you know what your doing, me beating you senseless, me leaving, and then it taking several years for you to crawl back to your holes and heal long enough to where you can then implement everything I was saying after you think enough time has gone by where no one will notice or  remember the beating I gave you.

Really your all just lucky your mothers were not this foolish when they were in line to receive my seed. 
Grin

« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2016 at 8:56am by Daggertooth »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #62 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 9:00am
Print Post  
Fuck off bighead, this place was better when people who actually knew current mechanics were talking. You're just as fucking boring as the last time you popped your head up. Egotistical cretin.

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #63 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 8:47am:
I died so that today you wouldnt have to be subjected to these asshats yammering on infinitely over voice chat.

Other then Daggertooth - did you want to be called El Jefe?

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #64 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Basically the entire quality of your lives today is due to me

This is a bold statement. So your stating that your "gameplay" has resulted in me obtaining a higher education, a great job, being a good father and establishing myself in my community?

My my, this insightful revelation just might be the paradox and the answer tot he meaning of life itself!

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #65 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 9:14am
Print Post  
If you want to see something really scary, you can all find out why we've finally been relieved from being forced to "at least be listening to everyone mouth off over voice chat, even if your too shy to talk"

This is why I was originally crucified/banned from the official forums back in 2006 as my original handle, Vlad the Impaler.    I died so that today you wouldnt have to be subjected to these asshats yammering on infinitely over voice chat.

Basically the entire quality of your lives today is due to me at one point having to have been subjected to you mouthing off like you know what your doing, me beating you senseless, me leaving, and then it taking several years for you to crawl back to your holes and heal long enough to where you can then implement everything I was saying after you think enough time has gone by where no one will notice or  remember the beating I gave you.

Really your all just lucky your mothers were not this foolish when they were in line to receive my seed. 

This guy has to be Puerto Potty's brother!

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 9:15am
Print Post  
This Daggertooth guy seems like a tard. Just sayin'. But he has the mystical understanding of the DDOs that no one else does. Please explain how the game uses a 8-12 point system some more... I'd like data please.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 9:15am:
This Daggertooth guy seems like a tard. Just sayin'. But he has the mystical understanding of the DDOs that no one else does. Please explain how the game uses a 8-12 point system some more... I'd like data please.

I would too.  I read everything he posted but that hasn't been my experience with AC and miss chance...

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 10:27am
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 9:59am:
I would too.  I read everything he posted but that hasn't been my experience with AC and miss chance...

Ya he's clueless.

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 10:34am
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 9:59am:

Basically most systems in DDO are much, much simpler than you think.   This is most likely to keep things flowing on the back end.

When you enter a dungeon, it takes a snapshot of your character and then places you somewhere along a pre-designed curve that is based on the level of the dungeon and the difficulty.

A good example is spell DC's.   If you enter ELite, for example, it basically compares to a checklist of all the things they've determined that a character should have if they think they can do Elite.  (Spell Focus, School DC Item bonus, what your casting stat is vs what it could be if you had everything possible for that level, etc.

It is then further broken down into 3 mob types i.e. reflex, will and fort (quick, tough, caster etc)

Basically rather than each time you go to cast a spell against a certain enemy and it rolling a saving throw, it rather most likely gives you a caster rating, factors in whether you are casting an "approrpirate spell" against that enemy type and then most likely comes up with a much much simpler formula to see if your spell lands... so rather than it being based on a D20 die roll plus a monsters save bonus taken against your actual DC, its most likely more like a 4 or 6 tier system that is based on your calculated 'caster rating' taken against whether you casted an appropriate spell against that type of monster.

So when you enter a dungeon, once your caster rating has been determined you basically fall into 1 of maybe 4 or 5 catagories for landing your spells.. either you do not qualify because you are completely out of range in which case you will never land anything, you fall into rating 1 where you land say 25% of the time, 2 for 50% of the time, 3 for 75% of the time or 4 where you always land that spell (against that mob type).    Casting the wrong spell against a mob type (i.e. casting  reflex based spell against an "agile" class enemy probably bumps you 1 or 2 ratings down.

I am guessing that AC most likely works very similarly.   There is most likely a viable AC range for each dungeon/difficulty... like viable AC range 100-116.   If your AC is below 100 you will get hit 100% of the time (assuming 0 dodge/blur etc), if its over 116 you will most likely avoid all hits (it might cap out at 90%)

As per the argument in this thread, what I am saying is that they are most likely coming up with a different formula and weighing AC differently in Hard and Elite.   In Hard they are basicalllly willing to accommodate 95% of the DDO population, which is what you mostly see in these forums, i.e people who think they know what they're doing and have a handle on things (i.e. "displacement is your friend, don't bother with AC").   But on Epic Elite (or LE etc) they are most likely looking at whether you dumped AC or not and if you did, making your defense chance over all suffer.

Moral to the story is what they are telling you is going on is not whats going on.   

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 10:34am:
Basically most systems in DDO are much, much simpler than you think.   This is most likely to keep things flowing on the back end.

When you enter a dungeon, it takes a snapshot of your character and then places you somewhere along a pre-designed curve that is based on the level of the dungeon and the difficulty.

A good example is spell DC's.   If you enter ELite, for example, it basically compares to a checklist of all the things they've determined that a character should have if they think they can do Elite.  (Spell Focus, School DC Item bonus, what your casting stat is vs what it could be if you had everything possible for that level, etc.

It is then further broken down into 3 mob types i.e. reflex, will and fort (quick, tough, caster etc)

Basically rather than each time you go to cast a spell against a certain enemy and it rolling a saving throw, it rather most likely gives you a caster rating, factors in whether you are casting an "approrpirate spell" against that enemy type and then most likely comes up with a much much simpler formula to see if your spell lands... so rather than it being based on a D20 die roll plus a monsters save bonus taken against your actual DC, its most likely more like a 4 or 6 tier system that is based on your calculated 'caster rating' taken against whether you casted an appropriate spell against that type of monster.

So when you enter a dungeon, once your caster rating has been determined you basically fall into 1 of maybe 4 or 5 catagories for landing your spells.. either you do not qualify because you are completely out of range in which case you will never land anything, you fall into rating 1 where you land say 25% of the time, 2 for 50% of the time, 3 for 75% of the time or 4 where you always land that spell (against that mob type).    Casting the wrong spell against a mob type (i.e. casting  reflex based spell against an "agile" class enemy probably bumps you 1 or 2 ratings down.

I am guessing that AC most likely works very similarly.   There is most likely a viable AC range for each dungeon/difficulty... like viable AC range 100-116.   If your AC is below 100 you will get hit 100% of the time (assuming 0 dodge/blur etc), if its over 116 you will most likely avoid all hits (it might cap out at 90%)

As per the argument in this thread, what I am saying is that they are most likely coming up with a different formula and weighing AC differently in Hard and Elite.   In Hard they are basicalllly willing to accommodate 95% of the DDO population, which is what you mostly see in these forums, i.e people who think they know what they're doing and have a handle on things (i.e. "displacement is your friend, don't bother with AC").   But on Epic Elite (or LE etc) they are most likely looking at whether you dumped AC or not and if you did, making your defense chance over all suffer.

Moral to the story is what they are telling you is going on is not whats going on.   

Are you just making shit up? Caster rating? How deep into your ass did you go to pull this stuff out?  Lets see some data not just the idiotic ramblings of a fuckwit.

IP Logged

Dwarven Zoo Keeper
Korthos Resident

I Love llama's!

Reply #71 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 10:34am:
I am guessing

Qft

Well someone has to feed the trolls...

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #72 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Dwarven Zoo Keeper wrote on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 11:05am:
Daggertooth wrote Today at 6:26am:
I am guessing

Qft

IP Logged

LordHumungus
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 11:12am
Print Post  
So we're to believe that this group of clowns actually designed an independent system that does all of these things while it appears to us that it works as d20 system? These same buttfuckers who can't even get copy/paste abilities right? I suppose I could maybe buy that some bygone devs of yesteryear that actually knew what they were doing may have done it, but is there really any evidence besides, "I know something you don't know...Nanananananana  Tongue"

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Back to rangers doe. Hey Dispel I got 110 kills out of 150 in LE Ts yesterday. Discuss.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint