Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U31 Hits Lamannia (Read 49381 times)
FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Re: U31 Hits Lamannia
Reply #100 - May 2nd, 2016 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 3:57pm:
I don't see those numbers listed on that webpage.  Can you post a link to it? 

The numbers are hidden under the question marks next to each server name - just mouse over {they may have gone up a bit in the past couple hours}.

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #101 - May 2nd, 2016 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Epic Ethereal is Hide,

FML. thought it was MS not hide. gonna have to roll a new one with hide maxed.

Quote:
I'm also fairly sure NF is 6,12,18.

no, just tested these. It went from 40 to 44 to 50 with each new rank. 2/4/6.

Quote:
. You can also skill focus it in place of the level 3 and 28 feats for +8 more.

not doing that. adept is already 2 str, and only other feat would be a weapon melee power feat and theyre op. 

« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2016 at 7:26pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Reply #102 - May 2nd, 2016 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 12:36am:
I'll try this. And a Pally Tempest next time lama comes back. They're taking lama down Monday.

Use triple boosting

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - May 2nd, 2016 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
yardarm_ wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 7:01pm:
Use triple boosting

did it with pure twf pally. times were in high 70s. Also kta+dm there too.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - May 2nd, 2016 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Store was back up. Good thing too as I forgot to pick N alignment ;p. Went all out got +6 tomes, tr'd 1x for rogue pl feat, got hide +5 skill tome.

Scion of Eth, hide 115, 3x nat fighting, 50% dstrike, 74 melee power. str 58 w primal and animal growth.

Twists : symmetric strikes, hail of blows, a dance of flowers, primal.

44 seconds.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #105 - May 2nd, 2016 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Knight Solaire wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 3:25pm:
I'm not interested in reading feedback suppressed by Jerry. The point of me asking is to get honest criticism here.

Honesty isn't all it is cracked up to be.  Do you really want feedback from Novallis?  Or other doom sayers like him?  It's honest, even if it isn't worth much.  There's not much more value there than in rampant fanboy gushing, imo.  If you want feedback you can trust then dl lama and run the damn quests yourself.  There's a whole 2 out of 3 of them available, it might take you 2 hours depending on how dysfunctional your lama install decides to be.

Rubbins, thanks much for all your play test work!  It's very nice to see the numbers in a semi-apples to apples way.  Man, I had no idea wolf form was such a beast.
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2016 at 8:50pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Reply #106 - May 2nd, 2016 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 8:40pm:
Honesty isn't all it is cracked up to be.  Do you really want feedback from Novallis?  Or other doom sayers like him?  It's honest, even if it isn't worth much.  There's not much more value there than in rampant fanboy gushing, imo.  If you want feedback you can trust then dl lama and run the damn quests yourself.  There's a whole 2 out of 3 of them available, it might take you 2 hours depending on how dysfunctional your lama install decides to be.

Rubbins, thanks much for all your play test work!  It's very nice to see the numbers in a semi-apples to apples way.  Man, I had no idea wolf form was such a beast.

Doomboi label is a bit extreme considering I've been pointing out the festering shit hole DDO has turned into, not unlike many others just with my own personal displeasure of how things are being left to rot. That aside insinuating I'm not reliable is mean-spirited and inaccurate. What good is this Lamma time if the game is still unplayable when the shit goes live? What's the point of being put on cooldowns for click abilities and spells of they give no effect and take AP or SP? What's the point of having all these badass builds if we are frozen in place and get picked off by a lone kobold in the lag pocket? One of my guildies summed it up perfectly when he announced he was quitting because what's the point of playing a game when they won't fix old shit but pump out new shit that both probably aren't even tested properly? As far as the numbers for logins I would like to point out the login numbers even though much lower than they were before should be lower than registered because of this little gem.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/475017-Lag-is-better-DC-ing-is-not

Come end of May we will see who owes who some beers, donuts and titties.
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2016 at 10:06pm by Novalis »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #107 - May 2nd, 2016 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 8:40pm:

np, and thanks to everyone who helped out. It answered most of my suspicions as to what the ranks were for dps.

Pretty much how I had the ordering before testing :
Wolf
Ranger
Barb
Pally
Swash
Kensei-poor kensei ;(

I think rogue-nonwolf- is somewhere between barb and ranger. Will test next lama.

also just wanted to add that if anyone is beating 44 seconds to please PM me your build, bro  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2016 at 10:36pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #108 - May 2nd, 2016 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Did you do multiple passes on each build to remove some of the randomness?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #109 - May 3rd, 2016 at 12:12am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 10:56pm:
Did you do multiple passes on each build to remove some of the randomness?

yes, at least 4 or 5 with each. Much more on the wolves, kensei, and tempest.  Barb has the most randomness anyway, can get lucky with 400 bludgeon on hit when raged chance.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #110 - May 3rd, 2016 at 4:31am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 8:04pm:
Scion of Eth, hide 115, 3x nat fighting, 50% dstrike, 74 melee power. str 58 w primal and animal growth.

Twists : symmetric strikes, hail of blows, a dance of flowers, primal.

44 seconds.

Very nice, and it roughly matches the #s for my math in sneakzilla. I think rogue will be roughly equal, just a different past life and more damage per hit but less hits. No need to test it again though, its 35 more SA dmg, 5 melee power, oppurtunist vs NF/offhand. Should be close to a wash. Thx for all the testing hard work!

I'm just sorta wondering now only how good the tempest-fighter is versus a pure tempest if you have massive tactics and defense as well. If they are the same, it would be better to do the fighter version.

They stealth nerfed NF sometime when I wasn't looking.

If you really wan't to try something convoluted, I'll PM you how to beat the kobold in less than 30 seconds... but it is sorta a convoluted process so I'm not sure it will work, although it does work on live.
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2016 at 4:39am by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #111 - May 3rd, 2016 at 5:49am
Print Post  
Quote:
They stealth nerfed NF sometime when I wasn't looking

they didnt. It gave 6 each feat on the new build. For some reason, however, it did not do so on the character I had the 58 seconds with.

That wolf had 40 doublestrike in that screenshot. When I feat swapped natural fighting at fred, my doublestrike went from the 40 in the pic to 44. Very odd. I cant explain it because nothing that affects doublestrike changed. Aside swapping out master of forms for nat fight #2. Either way both wolves(the arborea and ethereal versions) topped out at the same 50 doublestrike after 3 NF feats.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #112 - May 3rd, 2016 at 5:57am
Print Post  
Quote:
I'll PM you how to beat the kobold in less than 30 seconds... but it is sorta a convoluted process so I'm not sure it will work, although it does work on live.

sure, lemme know what you have in mind.

For fun I rolled a MoK shiradi to see what the time I would get with and without joy. without joy I ran out of sp and took me 142 seconds to down the kobold. With joy I killed it in 72 seconds while keeping half my sp. And had the other 3 red kobolds down to 50% just from chain missile chaining.

My rotation wasnt perfect and I think that time could be even faster especially if i timed supremacy, wellspring, scourge, empyrean, mok stacks correctly. The rotation is a bit over crowded with MoK's 2 arcane spells, nimbus or scorch ray to keep up empyrean, 5 missile spells, 2 ruins and arcane pulse. Also could have made it human for spell dmg boost to stack w fvs spell dmg boost.

Interesting thing about the kobold placement in the dojo and chain missile. If positioned right I could hit all 4 boss kobolds and 2 of the orange kobolds. really wide aoe spread there.
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2016 at 5:58am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

LordHumungus
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - May 3rd, 2016 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 12:14am:
Edit: barbarian may have been overperforming because storm's eye stacks were never decreasing. Just stood at 25 for around a minute then disappeared.

Been overperforming for a while now.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #114 - May 3rd, 2016 at 9:18am
Print Post  
When compared to wolf and tempest, and probably assassin, you're also 20 double-strike down from what you'd typically have in a quest do to the lack of Killer procs.

The gap is even wider than these tests are showing.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #115 - May 3rd, 2016 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 3rd, 2016 at 12:12am:
yes, at least 4 or 5 with each. Much more on the wolves, kensei, and tempest.  Barb has the most randomness anyway, can get lucky with 400 bludgeon on hit when raged chance.

Nice work mate.
Thanks for being so thorough with the testing.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #116 - May 3rd, 2016 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 10:05pm:
Doomboi label is a bit extreme considering I've been pointing out the festering shit hole DDO has turned into, not unlike many others just with my own personal displeasure of how things are being left to rot. That aside insinuating I'm not reliable is mean-spirited and inaccurate.

Yeah, I probably should not have used your name specifically.  Sorry about that.  I have no real or personal dislike for you, but since you don't play by your own admission it does seem to me that your opinions on things are all old news by now and don't have much if any validity.

So what I was trying to point out is that no matter what you might think about the new quests, you haven't played them and so your 'honest opinion' isn't worth jack.  Just like the 'honest opinions' of anyone else who hasn't played them.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #117 - May 3rd, 2016 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 10:35pm:
np, and thanks to everyone who helped out. It answered most of my suspicions as to what the ranks were for dps.

Wolf
Ranger
Barb
Pally
Swash
Kensei-poor kensei ;(

I think rogue-nonwolf- is somewhere between barb and ranger. Will test next lama.

also just wanted to add that if anyone is beating 44 seconds to please PM me your build, bro  Cheesy

I'd like to see where a tree build falls, but that is much more an AOE build than single target and probably can't be apples-to-applesed against a target kobold.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #118 - May 3rd, 2016 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on May 3rd, 2016 at 9:18am:
When compared to wolf and tempest, and probably assassin, you're also 20 double-strike down from what you'd typically have in a quest do to the lack of Killer procs.

The gap is even wider than these tests are showing.

yeah, for sure. I wanted to test with killer stacks but that required dpsing the trash kobolds upstairs then trying to run into the basement. Not sure how many stacks would stay by the time I ran up to boss kobolds. The builds were also set up differently because of lack of killer. They have more dps than the killer versions when there are 0 stacks of killer.

Frank wrote on May 3rd, 2016 at 10:50am:
I'd like to see where a tree build falls

hard to do in dojo. The global clickie and boost reset empties all spirit stacks instantly when it goes off reverting me back to human form.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #119 - May 3rd, 2016 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 3rd, 2016 at 10:50am:
I'd like to see where a tree build falls.

South, when the wind is northerly. Or ~120 seconds I'm guessing, if you stay in early tree forms and shapeshift over and over.

You should beat 44 seconds with a LGS Vacuum weapon, if it works.
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2016 at 2:40pm by »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #120 - May 3rd, 2016 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 3rd, 2016 at 2:18pm:
yeah, for sure. I wanted to test with killer stacks but that required dpsing the trash kobolds upstairs then trying to run into the basement.

And while running it's so hard to type: "Move! move out of the way! ..... don't touch that kobold dammit!" Grin

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #121 - May 3rd, 2016 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
1 question toward ruby and tilo, does the force aoe destiny feat provide stacks for primal?
Also does the charge destiny feat work in tree form?

Tnx for answering, i see from feats that they utterly broke tree builds if what i read and combine is right, shit changed in this game in a year and half.  Shocked Shocked Shocked Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2016 at 5:28pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #122 - May 4th, 2016 at 4:55am
Print Post  
There is no force aoe destiny.

Y.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #123 - May 4th, 2016 at 6:37am
Print Post  
So the wording that says send pulse doesnt mean it is a aoe like warlocks aura..
I see
Tnx
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2016 at 6:37am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #124 - May 4th, 2016 at 7:32am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 10:35pm:
Wolf
Ranger
Barb
Pally
Swash
Kensei-poor kensei ;(

I wouldn't want anybody to waste time testing it, but do any of you have an idea if this order would stay about the same under different life/tome/gear (though obviously the same for all) conditions? I mean, if you are first life with no tomes wolf would drop sharply while ranger would drop slowly, or something like that?

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint