Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U31 Hits Lamannia (Read 49557 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: U31 Hits Lamannia
Reply #125 - May 4th, 2016 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on May 4th, 2016 at 7:32am:
if you are first life with no tomes wolf would drop sharply while ranger would drop slowly, or something like that?

All those times were by first life, no tomes toons. the only one that wasnt was the 44 second wolf which was 1 rogue life and supreme 6 tomes. .

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #126 - May 4th, 2016 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 4th, 2016 at 12:15pm:
All those times were by first life, no tomes toons. the only one that wasnt was the 44 second wolf which was 1 rogue life and supreme 6 tomes. .

Cool, thanks.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #127 - May 4th, 2016 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 10:35pm:
Pretty much how I had the ordering before testing :
Wolf
Ranger
Barb
Pally
Swash
Kensei-poor kensei ;(

Assassin? Mech? Shuri?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #128 - May 4th, 2016 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 4th, 2016 at 3:25pm:
Assassin? Mech? Shuri?

did not test any of those, just wanted melee for kensei changes. What shuri builds should I?

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Reply #129 - May 4th, 2016 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 3rd, 2016 at 10:45am:
Yeah, I probably should not have used your name specifically.  Sorry about that.  I have no real or personal dislike for you, but since you don't play by your own admission it does seem to me that your opinions on things are all old news by now and don't have much if any validity.

So what I was trying to point out is that no matter what you might think about the new quests, you haven't played them and so your 'honest opinion' isn't worth jack.  Just like the 'honest opinions' of anyone else who hasn't played them.

I've been keeping up with friends and guildies and they all say the same thing, it's still a clusterfuck. Lag isn't fixed, crippling old issues remain and our guild leader has considered handing leadership back to the old because he is completely fed up. I left because I just couldn't fucking play. I can't use things on my rogue because they just don't work as intended. I used my DC druid and before the datacenter move I was making progress and after any spell I cast would be made invalid, lag would persist til everyone was dead, and also many people just packed up and left. I came to the conclusion that no amount of workarounds would be able to make up for just plain b0rk'd. It's still the same as 2 months ago. worse than 6 months ago. I don't need a crystal ball  especially with this next shit update to expect DDO and then antics of the small handful of Turbine employees to get worse.

I promised I wouldn't download the game or log back in til I get back home since I'm on the road for business. miss my friends and I still try to keep in contact now going on 2 months but even if everything was fixed, getting back the old players that decided fuck this along with enticing the new players that saw how shit the game has become is gonna be very difficult if not too late.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #130 - May 5th, 2016 at 3:07am
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on May 4th, 2016 at 3:43pm:
I've been keeping up with friends and guildies and they all say the same thing, it's still a clusterfuck.

Fine.  But you don't play.  So what you heard about the game from your cousin's boyfriend's barber is just hearsay. 

You don't get an opinion, not one that matters, if you're just chameleoning one from a friend or ex-guildy.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #131 - May 5th, 2016 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 5th, 2016 at 3:07am:
Fine.  But you don't play.  So what you heard about the game from your cousin's boyfriend's barber is just hearsay. 

You don't get an opinion, not one that matters, if you're just chameleoning one from a friend or ex-guildy.

All of my guild left because the game was a clusterfuck. I guess their opinions don't matter either.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #132 - May 5th, 2016 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on May 5th, 2016 at 8:20am:
All of my guild left because the game was a clusterfuck. I guess their opinions don't matter either.

I think he is saying that their opinions about things that have happened after they left don't matter.  So, their opinions about the Kensei tree or the new quest content being fun or not don't matter.  Because they haven't actually logged in to Lama to play a Kensei or run the quests.  All they can do is repeat someone else's opinion who has actually played the class or run the quests.  In which case, it isn't their opinion.  It is somebody else's. 

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #133 - May 5th, 2016 at 10:29am
Print Post  
everyone not involved in the holocaust (that didnt happen anyway) cannot have an opinion of it because theyre actually repeating someone elses opinion

just godwin my shit up

if 100 people say something sucks and you are like WELP I DIDNT SEE IT SUCK, THEY MUST ALL BE RETARDS, then it is clear who the real retard is. while one cannot state as a fact that what they heard is true, it is usually safe to assume that a generally accepted opinion is generally.. accepted

semantic wind pissers

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #134 - May 5th, 2016 at 10:48am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on May 5th, 2016 at 10:29am:
everyone not involved in the holocaust (that didnt happen anyway) cannot have an opinion of it because theyre actually repeating someone elses opinion

just godwin my shit up

if 100 people say something sucks and you are like WELP I DIDNT SEE IT SUCK, THEY MUST ALL BE RETARDS, then it is clear who the real retard is. while one cannot state as a fact that what they heard is true, it is usually safe to assume that a generally accepted opinion is generally.. accepted

semantic wind pissers

Yeah.  Because comparing historical events and the Holocaust in particular to a video game always makes perfect sense.

Also, if you had a holocaust survivor and some dipshit jackhole who calls him self "eighnuss" on an internet website and thinks it is witty both talking about the holocaust, which has more validity?  Yeah.  Not the dipshit who wasn't there.  What if the dipshit jackhole "eighnuss" disagreed with the holocaust survivor?  Would the dumbass' opinion be considered valid?  Yeah.  Thought not. 

The fail is strong with this one.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #135 - May 5th, 2016 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 5th, 2016 at 10:48am:
Because comparing historical events and the Holocaust in particular to a video game always makes perfect sense.

What if I'm playing Castle Wolfenstein?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #136 - May 5th, 2016 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 5th, 2016 at 11:10am:
What if I'm playing Castle Wolfenstein?

Kill, kill, kill.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #137 - May 5th, 2016 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 5th, 2016 at 10:48am:
when someone tells you their opinion about a thing, its not a valid opinion for you to hold unless you experience the things they did also. however, when someone tells you their opinion about a thing, its is a valid opinion for you to hold although you didnt experience the things they did.

i like the way you think

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

Shoot first ask questions
later!

Reply #138 - May 5th, 2016 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on May 5th, 2016 at 10:29am:

just godwin my shit up

semantic wind pissers

Well said. 

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #139 - May 5th, 2016 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 4th, 2016 at 3:36pm:
What shuri builds should I?

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1427180132/226#226

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #140 - May 5th, 2016 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 5th, 2016 at 1:41pm:
Rubbinns wrote on May 4th, 2016 at 3:36pm:
What shuri builds should I?

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1427180132/226#226

That's a solid shuri build but I am fairly certain it is not the best red-named DPS shuri build available right now.  No human for dual boosts.  No ranger for DWS cores, Sniper Shot, Merciful Shot, Head Shot and T5s.  AA imbue crit damage doesn't scale like base damage and sneak attack, etc.

If the goal is to test the best red-named DPS shuri, I think it will be something along the lines of Jakeelala's FotW shuri (link).  It's possible that a 12 Ranger/6 Monk/2 Rogue or 12 Ranger/8 Monk might be slightly more DPS but the build in the link is pretty damned good.

I've been running that build with some slight variations on the AP distribution for a few months and it outperforms any other shuri and rogue mechanic builds I've grouped with.  I don't even bother using Manyshot anymore.  10ks with dual boosts, Unbridled Fury, and Sniper Shots is more than sufficient.

I've used it extensively in-game with Shiradi, LD, DC, and Shadowdancer.  It works well in all of those, but FotW is hands down the best Destiny for it.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2016 at 5:13pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #141 - May 5th, 2016 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Careful guys.
You might summon back the "Chucker Master" to enlighten us on the uberest Chucker builds...
And we know how that ends up.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #142 - May 5th, 2016 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Can you make a 12 Arti 5 Sorc and test if the Arti and Sorc lightning bolt SLAs can be cast back to back or if one puts the other on timer?

This build might fall apart and not work, and it might be better than a pure 20 tempest:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/415819-Farwind-An-Air-savant-Endgame-E...
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2016 at 6:50pm by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #143 - May 5th, 2016 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on May 5th, 2016 at 6:10pm:
Careful guys.
You might summon back the "Chucker Master" to enlighten us on the uberest Chucker builds...
And we know how that ends up.

was actually hoping to snare them all in a shitposting fest. You ruined it for us.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #144 - May 5th, 2016 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 5th, 2016 at 7:45pm:
was actually hoping to snare them all in a shitposting fest. You ruined it for us.

Doh!   Sad

Just say it's builds are gay and retarded and it will be summoned.
Tongue

IP Logged

CanadianCurseword
Korthos Resident

Vut der ferk?

Reply #145 - May 9th, 2016 at 11:11am
Print Post  
[quote author=38302D392F30375F0 link=1461864099/1#1 date=1461864341
Finally, something to get excited about. I wonder what they re-skinned to make it though? [/quote]

Hezrou or Earth Ele is my guess.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #146 - May 9th, 2016 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Quote:
Can you make a 12 Arti 5 Sorc and test if the Arti and Sorc lightning bolt SLAs can be cast back to back or if one puts the other on timer?

What an amazing idea, you must be really good at this game!

People like you are the reason I check the vault.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #147 - May 9th, 2016 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 11:43am:
What an amazing idea, you must be really good at this game!

People like you are the reason I check the vault.

Ha. Aha. AhahaHAHAHAHAAHHHAHAAA1

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #148 - May 9th, 2016 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on May 5th, 2016 at 5:07pm:
No human for dual boosts.

Your second sentence contains factual error. Half Elves can and do get racial boost as noted in my build that I have to assume you didn't read.

I dismiss the rest of your opinions as unreliable based on this.  Tongue
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2016 at 1:00pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #149 - May 9th, 2016 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 1:00pm:
Your second sentence contains factual error. Half Elves can and do get racial boost as noted in my build that I have to assume you didn't read.

I dismiss the rest of your opinions as unreliable based on this.  Tongue

Oops.  You are correct.  I was wrong on the dual boosts and stand corrected.  It has been a while since I rolled a half elf.  I forgot they get access to the human boost options.

Dual boosts aside, I still think an AA + SD based shuriken build will be noticeably behind a DWS + FotW on red-named DPS due to lacking the activated attacks from DWS and imbue damage not scaling with Adrenaline and Fury crits.

For reference, I experimented quite a bit in-game with Tier 5 AA instead of DWS since the build I'm using has access to both.  AA worked well and the DPS was nothing to be ashamed of but DWS was still better.  An extra 2-3 tiers of AA imbues can't compete with the extra damage that Sniper Shot + Merciful Shot + Head Shot provides, even at 300 spell power in the relevant element. 

During a 30s full DPS burn with Furystars, 10ks, boosts, etc., you get all the Fury shots plus 5ish adrenaline shots.  Nothing Shadowdancer has can touch that.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2016 at 5:01pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
Send TopicPrint