Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) I would resubscribe if... (Read 21880 times)
Kype
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

I would resubscribe if...
May 22nd, 2016 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Tell why you would resubscribe.

This thread is for those that have unsubscribed only.

Let Turbine know what they can do.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: I would resubscribe if...
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2016 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
No thanks, Jerry.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2016 at 12:43am
Print Post  
Kype wrote on May 22nd, 2016 at 10:45pm:
Tell why you would resubscribe.

This thread is for those that have unsubscribed only.

Nothing.

They didn't just burn the bridge with me.  They poured gasoline on it, set C4 charges, and blew it up with 2.5 months of game-breaking lag and completely asinine levels of communications regarding said lag.  To top it off, even after 2.5 months of crippling lag, there's been zero mention of any compensation, reimbursement, or consolation gifts from Turbine.

As a customer, I will not let any company treat me that way and go crawling back to them with money in hand.  There are two accounts that they will never see resubscribed for any reason.

« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2016 at 12:46am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - May 23rd, 2016 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Kype wrote on May 22nd, 2016 at 10:45pm:

diaf

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Reply #4 - May 23rd, 2016 at 1:19am
Print Post  
First of all, you're a fucking idiot for thinking resubscribing is where it's at. People who go VIP throw $120 just for full access and maybe with their 500 tp a month they were able to get the XPAC's. There are people that spend that much in a week and I'm being conservative. There are a small handful of players that use their trust funds to have carte blanche but they really don't count.

After everything Turbine has done, after all the shit that was flicked at the players during that insulting anniversary event and the lack of acknowledgement of basic shit, in order for me to re up my subscription would have to be what I've said in your previous rumor thread. Fire Cordovan, Severlin, Steel & Varg for starters. Get some real developers with passion to clean up their mess. Start handing out all kinds of shit for free like anyone who has been on for 10 years gets 10 Ottos boxes as a deep apology to the loyal players that play the game and not the forums. But personally for me to re up I would need something that would never happen. I doubt I'll ever sink another dime into Turbine. It's like asking me to take an ex on a date after they've lied & robbed me, hid in Tijuana for a year and had their mugshots posted on Faces of Meth. Fuck Turbine, fuck the employees and go fuck yourself.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #5 - May 23rd, 2016 at 2:10am
Print Post  
Hereby I'm letting Turdbin know that there is nothing they can do to make me resubscribe.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 23rd, 2016 at 2:39am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 12:43am:
Nothing.

They didn't just burn the bridge with me.  They poured gasoline on it, set C4 charges, and blew it up with 2.5 months of game-breaking lag and completely asinine levels of communications regarding said lag.  To top it off, even after 2.5 months of crippling lag, there's been zero mention of any compensation, reimbursement, or consolation gifts from Turbine.

As a customer, I will not let any company treat me that way and go crawling back to them with money in hand.  There are two accounts that they will never see resubscribed for any reason.

From previous posts, I believe this is called the Fuck You business model.
It works on the same principle as the battered wife and Stockholm Syndrome, in that you never show weakness or remorse, so you treat your customers as shitty as possible and they still come back for more.

Offering comps would be seen as weakness, when they are in fact the manliest men of the MMO development world.  In their minds, they are so macho and manly, that they visualise Epoch as a cross-dressing lumberjack.  Leaping from tree to tree...
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2016 at 2:41am by PersonaNonGrata »  

IP Logged

Spoon
Stormreaver Piker

Fuck yeah Drama!

Reply #7 - May 23rd, 2016 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Off the top of my head, I'd say they'd have to ensure no more crippling lag, refocus monetization back to content and away from bypassing (e.g. pre-MotU and its XP hamster wheels), and convince enough people back to the game that its about maybe 5 times more populated than it is now (I'm bad at numbers, just assume I mean no more ghost town).

Think that's possible?  No...then yeah, this is a pointless ass exercise because we know that shits not going to happen or whatever else would be needed to convince people that frequent these forums to re-subscribe.

The USA is having so many disasters and tragedies you'd almost think it was built on thousands of ancient Indian burial grounds.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #8 - May 23rd, 2016 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Spoon wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 9:19am:
this is a pointless ass exercise

Ass exercise is never pointless.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #9 - May 23rd, 2016 at 10:07am
Print Post  
if
  • if they cleaned out a majority of the current staff
  • if the community relations wasnt a circlejerk on the shithole forums
  • if the game moved forward instead of backward

It has been painfully obvious that the staff, for some time, has had their own goals in mind that have always been paramount to the needs of the community. every problem that occurs was greenlit by someone who should lose their job. evey issue that makes it live was programmed into the game through one mans incompetence, but reaches the live product through fingers of many. Anyone can make a mistake but only an asshole fails to care. How many people had to not care about any given issue, for it to go from code to catastrophe? I cannot justify investment in a project led or maintained by people with no accountability.

One of their main (if not only) sources of interaction with their clients, is the shithole forums. The forums are a host to wonderous levels of toxicity, inaccuracy, and censorship. Infinite and endless numbers of fanboys, waiting for a chance to agree or disagree with anyone, all for the sake of what i can only imagine is internet cred. Village idiots, who scream as loud as they can, incorrect information, to the point that such ignorance becomes self sustaining. Any form of truth or knowledge that goes against the desired public appearance is kneecapped and buried. As a result, The chain of communication between actual play experience and developer is so distorted with layers of cross translation that its nearly impossible to determine the realities in a game that is hard coded to be exactly what it is.

year after year, DDO opts not to crawl, not to run, but to fucking moonwalk into the umbra of un-progress. Rather than addressing old issues, they add more. Instead of completing systems, they make new ones that end up in the same state as the previous ones. Instead of learning from and reacting to the playerbase, they reject your opinions and interject their beliefs. languages and OS are being removed from support, not added. API's are being terminated, hardware is being downgraded. This is the opposite of progress.

IF i was to even consider trying to justify giving them money every month, just for existing, these issues would need to all be proven to no longer exist. there is no fucking chance. now i ask you, OP, to give me your time, as i have given you mine. what the fuck is the point of this thread?

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #10 - May 23rd, 2016 at 10:25am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 10:07am:
evey issue that makes it live was programmed into the game through one man's incompetence, but reaches the live product through fingers of many. ... DDO opts not to crawl, not to run, but to fucking moonwalk into the umbra of un-progress

Smiley Smiley Smiley

eighnuss, your whole post was remarkably well written and drills to the roots of the problems we see in DDO.

Well said.

they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #11 - May 23rd, 2016 at 10:36am
Print Post  
New pack is decent.

Lag is under control, not perfect but about where it was before the data center move if not a little better.

I'll resub when it comes up.

IP Logged

Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />

Reply #12 - May 23rd, 2016 at 11:10am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 10:07am:
if
  • if they cleaned out a majority of the current staff
  • if the community relations wasnt a circlejerk on the shithole forums
  • if the game moved forward instead of backward

It has been painfully obvious that the staff, for some time, has had their own goals in mind that have always been paramount to the needs of the community. every problem that occurs was greenlit by someone who should lose their job. evey issue that makes it live was programmed into the game through one mans incompetence, but reaches the live product through fingers of many. Anyone can make a mistake but only an asshole fails to care. How many people had to not care about any given issue, for it to go from code to catastrophe? I cannot justify investment in a project led or maintained by people with no accountability.

One of their main (if not only) sources of interaction with their clients, is the shithole forums. The forums are a host to wonderous levels of toxicity, inaccuracy, and censorship. Infinite and endless numbers of fanboys, waiting for a chance to agree or disagree with anyone, all for the sake of what i can only imagine is internet cred. Village idiots, who scream as loud as they can, incorrect information, to the point that such ignorance becomes self sustaining. Any form of truth or knowledge that goes against the desired public appearance is kneecapped and buried. As a result, The chain of communication between actual play experience and developer is so distorted with layers of cross translation that its nearly impossible to determine the realities in a game that is hard coded to be exactly what it is.

year after year, DDO opts not to crawl, not to run, but to fucking moonwalk into the umbra of un-progress. Rather than addressing old issues, they add more. Instead of completing systems, they make new ones that end up in the same state as the previous ones. Instead of learning from and reacting to the playerbase, they reject your opinions and interject their beliefs. languages and OS are being removed from support, not added. API's are being terminated, hardware is being downgraded. This is the opposite of progress.

IF i was to even consider trying to justify giving them money every month, just for existing, these issues would need to all be proven to no longer exist. there is no fucking chance. now i ask you, OP, to give me your time, as i have given you mine. what the fuck is the point of this thread?

This level of butt hurt could only come from a former Turdbin employee. Truly you could not be mad bro over a video game.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - May 23rd, 2016 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Content.

I enjoyed Search and Rescue that just came out.....but after that, I have to go back almost TWO YEARS to find a quest that came out that I actually enjoy. (Precious Cargo)

So until they start cranking out better content instead of the usual "big pack of abishai at every intersection" bullshit, mine will stay cancelled. I only run MAYBE 50% of the content now, I've done my server favor runs, saved some TP and am just buying those packs when my sub runs out. No point in paying for content I don't run or new content that just fucking sucks.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #14 - May 23rd, 2016 at 11:24am
Print Post  
What surprises me is how much angst and butthurt there is over the forums and cordovan.  People act like the forums are a relevant part of the games.  Between the wiki and the vault, you need forum access for what?  anything? 

I can't believe how many people actually give a shit how Cordovan moderates or how the fanbois or doombois post.  But people get so freaking worked up over it.  To the point where it affects their enjoyment in game.  And is a factor in subscription.  Valium is your friend, folks.

IP Logged

Spoon
Stormreaver Piker

Fuck yeah Drama!

Reply #15 - May 23rd, 2016 at 11:25am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 9:52am:
Ass exercise is never pointless.

I stand corrected.

« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2016 at 11:26am by Spoon »  

The USA is having so many disasters and tragedies you'd almost think it was built on thousands of ancient Indian burial grounds.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #16 - May 23rd, 2016 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
I've never been.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - May 23rd, 2016 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
...I unsubscribe.
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2016 at 2:12pm by nowAvaultie »  

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #18 - May 23rd, 2016 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 10:36am:
New pack is decent.

Lag is under control, not perfect but about where it was before the data center move if not a little better.

I'll resub when it comes up.

The loot was actually decent in U31.  The missions are debatable though.  The challenge level in them on LE is pretty low. 

Memoirs is a joke.  LE is soloable on a squishy build in about 10ish minutes with minimal risk of dying.  In a group of skilled players, it's a sub 8-minute zergfest with zero challenge.

Search and Rescue is decent.  It has a nice mix of mob types and an in-depth optional that could have almost been spun off as it's own quest.  There is a enough challenge to it that it's not a complete snoozer.  The one thing they missed is that the named loot can be farmed without ever needing to complete the actual mission.

Good Intentions is tedious and annoying.  Granted, it is a challenge if you don't invis it due to the large numbers of mobs you aggro at once.  You either invis it to the end fight or you fight hordes of construct typed mobs with stupid DR.  Optionally, you pike while a few warlocks/shiradi spammers AE everything then go kill the boss and loot.  Either way, not what I would consider much fun.

Creeping Death and To Curse the Sky are much more "Legendary" with regard to difficulty.  To me, they're also much more engaging quests, too.
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2016 at 2:14pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #19 - May 23rd, 2016 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Bigdickrichguy wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 11:10am:
This level of butt hurt could only come from a former Turdbin employee. Truly you could not be mad bro over a video game.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #20 - May 23rd, 2016 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 11:24am:
What surprises me is how much angst and butthurt there is over the forums and cordovan.  People act like the forums are a relevant part of the games.  Between the wiki and the vault, you need forum access for what?  anything? 

I can't believe how many people actually give a shit how Cordovan moderates or how the fanbois or doombois post.  But people get so freaking worked up over it.  To the point where it affects their enjoyment in game.  And is a factor in subscription.  Valium is your friend, folks. 

I don't visit Jerry's forum, but I think I understand some of the frustration.

Those forums are a relevant part of the game in that it's where communication with the player base almost occurs.  The shittiness of Jerry's moderation results in an echo chamber where the devs hear only what is deemed suitable by Jerry and his kids.

I'm surprised that you're surprised by this.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - May 23rd, 2016 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Honestly, I'd just settle for a game that works well, has a solid and sustainable community, and has a plan moving forward that allows you to plan out your character's live(s) and gear.

What drove me away wasn't so much the lag as the jerkiness of the development right now. There just doesn't seem to be any clue where they're going right now. I can tolerate a bit of a treadmill you actually get somewhere eventually but the dev's don't seem to know where 'somewhere' is anymore. Between that, the anniversary event, and the lag, I just haven't been able to bother logging in despite having an active VIP sub.  Sad

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #22 - May 23rd, 2016 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
-Revamp Old Epic Quest and Raid Loot (or do good enough Job revamping Augments they could be made competitive)
-Get Cannith Crafting right (Make me do far ranging quests for specific mats including old raids, allow me chances for exceptional and wondrous results, add some special Cannith only effects)
-Address Thrower issues anbd tone down Xbows
-Make Titan Epic
-Uncap Treasure Chests
-Make a difficulty mode that literally can't be beaten when it comes out. Just make it that hard and call it a day. It will strictly be for loot and ingredient purposes, they don't even need to give XP. If they do this mode right, it will basically be like trying to Dragon raid on Elite back when cap was 10. If it requires them just turning off a ton of powerful abilities and effects, that's fine.

this would all help

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #23 - May 23rd, 2016 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 11:24am:
What surprises me is how much angst and butthurt there is over the forums and cordovan.

It's justified when cordovan can and has ban game accounts for forum activities.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Overmind
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - May 23rd, 2016 at 6:29pm
Print Post  

Seriously if it were anything but a video game they would have been shit canned so fast their head would spin, they are the cancer in Turbine.
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2016 at 6:34pm by Overmind »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint