Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) New character class? (Read 11237 times)
somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: New character class?
Reply #25 - Jul 28th, 2016 at 9:46am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Jul 28th, 2016 at 8:35am:
Jew.

Any rpg should include the 4 core classes: fighter, mage, thief, and jew.

Tho they have to introduce a new skill: accounting(int)

-2 Con
Haggle a class skill

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Reply #26 - Jul 28th, 2016 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Jul 28th, 2016 at 8:35am:
Jew.

Any rpg should include the 4 core classes: fighter, mage, thief, and jew.

Tho they have to introduce a new skill: accounting(int)

Cross class with monk so they have more powerful JEW-jitsu?

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #27 - Jul 28th, 2016 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Jul 28th, 2016 at 12:47pm:
Cross class with monk so they have more powerful JEW-jitsu?

Lol with Shuriken Coins.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #28 - Jul 28th, 2016 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
The main problem with Psion is that there is no interesting design space left for it. The biggest difference was always that psionics ran on spell points instead of spells per day. Since DDO already went that route a psion would just be a wizard with 2-3 new trees and a different PL feat. Even the spells are mostly the same just with different names.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #29 - Jul 29th, 2016 at 2:14am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jul 28th, 2016 at 2:16pm:
The main problem with Psion is that there is no interesting design space left for it. The biggest difference was always that psionics ran on spell points instead of spells per day. Since DDO already went that route a psion would just be a wizard with 2-3 new trees and a different PL feat. Even the spells are mostly the same just with different names.

Yes, but that's why it could be easy to add it with the Kalashtars... Because the race needs it.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #30 - Jul 29th, 2016 at 5:36pm
Print Post  

So DDO already has psions. But it's missing wizards.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jul 29th, 2016 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Yes. In DDO, Psions have altered reality to appear as other classes that they have vanquished.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #32 - Jul 29th, 2016 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
There can be only one!

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #33 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 29th, 2016 at 2:14am:
Yes, but that's why it could be easy to add it with the Kalashtars... Because the race needs it.

Yeah, they could have done Kalashtar Psion as an iconic Wizard variant, like how Paladin is different if you are Bladeforged.

Except they already shit the bed and tied wizard to gnome for some reason.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 29th, 2016 at 5:36pm:
So DDO already has psions. But it's missing wizards.

This.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #34 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 8:30am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Jul 29th, 2016 at 9:43pm:
Yes. In DDO, Psions have altered reality to appear as other classes that they have vanquished.

smart.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #35 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jul 28th, 2016 at 2:31am:
Ah the long drawn out humiliation really is the most enjoyable to watch.

Have you ever seen a suicide?

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 3rd, 2016 at 11:01am:
Have you ever seen a suicide?

No, and hope to never see either that or any other human life ended.  It's too messy.

I did have a good friend who took his own life with a rifle to the mouth.  He was the epitome of the pot head loser, but he still had things to live for.  And I miss him daily, even 15 years after he left the Earth.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #37 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 12:38am
Print Post  
New classes force completionists to TR and for a few weeks/months we actually have a good low-level game.

They should release a new class every 6 months.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 2:03am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Aug 4th, 2016 at 12:38am:
New classes force completionists to TR and for a few weeks/months we actually have a good low-level game.

This was true when the level cap was 20 and there was an endgame. With Druid, the extra 5 levels weren't too much of a grind, since MOTU moved the grind to the EDs.

However, with Warlock and Iconics forcing the grind to 28, it just wasn't worth it for me. The level cap increased to 30 and the substandard quality of quests over level 25, I can only grind Haunted Halls so many times.

Without Epic Otto Boxes, doing a TR just isn't worth it. And running the lower quests just makes me depressed about the quality of the quests for the past few years.

Raising the level cap beyond 25 was unnecessary. I still believe going beyond level 20 was the worst decision for the game.

IP Logged

SirValentine
Korthos Resident

Never.

Reply #39 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 3:42am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Aug 4th, 2016 at 12:38am:

I don't think that would be a slam-dunk.

It might well work for some people.  Not so much for others.

Enjoying the journey is great and all, but some people like to actually get to the destination and stay there.  An ever-moving-out-of-reach destination is just one you decide to not ever bother with at all.

IP Logged

Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Reply #40 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 11:13am
Print Post  
We have plenty enough (14) classes already, each class with it's own sub-classes and specializations.

What we could get are new races from Eberron like Kalashtars, monstrous races like Kobolds, Minotaurs, Ogres, Yuanti, Hobgoblin, ... maybe as iconic races for each class:

- Minotaur barbarian
- Yuanti sorcerer
- Kobold bard  Cheesy
- Aasimar paladin

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Illiterate wrote on Aug 4th, 2016 at 11:13am:
We have plenty enough (14) classes already, each class with it's own sub-classes and specializations.

What we could get are new races from Eberron like Kalashtars, monstrous races like Kobolds, Minotaurs, Ogres, Yuanti, Hobgoblin, ... maybe as iconic races for each class:

- Minotaur barbarian
- Yuanti sorcerer
- Kobold bard  Cheesy
- Aasimar paladin

Yuck. Sounds terrible. Let's hope they never pay any attention to this idea, since I'm sure you or someone else will bring this shit up on the motherboards.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
would love new classes. fuck races, classes allow for way more build options.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #43 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
SirValentine wrote on Aug 4th, 2016 at 3:42am:
I don't think that would be a slam-dunk.

It might well work for some people.  Not so much for others.

Enjoying the journey is great and all, but some people like to actually get to the destination and stay there.  An ever-moving-out-of-reach destination is just one you decide to not ever bother with at all.

This

People will keep up for a little while, but they wise up eventually

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #44 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 4th, 2016 at 12:41pm:
This

People will keep up for a little while, but they wise up eventually

How much "eventually" is left in this game?

And an end-game?   LOLz, 3 raids all of which are a joke now on LE even with lag and the group made up of 50% retards.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #45 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Aug 4th, 2016 at 2:03pm:
How much "eventually" is left in this game?

And an end-game?   LOLz, 3 raids all of which are a joke now on LE even with lag and the group made up of 50% retards.

If they actually could make a plan, they could build an end game at 30 now that the level increases have stopped.  Get 7-10 raids and 30-40 6 man quests with levels from 30-36 that provide varying degrees of challenges with the toughest raids and quests at level 36 requiring really strong builds with multiple past lives and solid gameplay to succeed.  Maybe even some gear requirements that build from the earlier level 30 quests to the level 36 ones.  Give you something to actually do and work for at cap.  A reason to stay there. 

But that would require a long term plan and then an execution that was consistent over time.  That inability to to make and stick to a plan has been their biggest failing, imo.  So much Flavor of the month in terms of quests, storylines, mechanics, systems, loot, etc.
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2016 at 5:11pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #46 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 4th, 2016 at 5:10pm:
If they actually could make a plan, they could build an end game at 30 now that the level increases have stopped.  Get 7-10 raids and 30-40 6 man quests with levels from 30-36 that provide varying degrees of challenges with the toughest raids and quests at level 36 requiring really strong builds with multiple past lives and solid gameplay to succeed.  Maybe even some gear requirements that build from the earlier level 30 quests to the level 36 ones.  Give you something to actually do and work for at cap.  A reason to stay there. 

But that would require a long term plan and then an execution that was consistent over time.  That inability to to make and stick to a plan has been their biggest failing, imo.  So much Flavor of the month in terms of quests, storylines, mechanics, systems, loot, etc.

The main problem is that the fail to provide an end-game that supports anything beyond "doing more end-gaming". This is exactly why I quite WoW: at end-game there was nothing to do but grind for incrementally better gear.

The Shroud(heroic, back in the day) at least supported TRing. Staying at cap to do 20 runs and cleanse another item,or grind out mats for a weapon next-life a)kept people at cap for a while, and b)provided some real purpose behind the end-game.

That's what I halfway decent end-game needs to provide: Gear for TRing.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #47 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 5:41pm
Print Post  

This is most definitely true(and explains why I liked my psionist in PnP so much better than my sorc).

So maybe the answer is to re-work the mechanic a little bit? If I recall from PnP, psionists had the ability to vary how much SP they spent(E.G., spend more points, spell does more damage). I'm not saying this would be a synch to impliment, but you could do that in DDO.

They could also mix it up by changing the mechanic, make psionists spell points operate more like a monk's Ki, where you do stuff to generate it then spend it on moves. For added fun, maybe its constantly ticking down?

Going back to that "the more you spend, the more damage it does" mechanic, maybe instead its based on a percentage of how much available psi you have? E.G., this spell does extra damage if your psi bar is 90% charged up.

Again, drawing from Monks, you could make mechanics like the monk ED where you slowly power-up a super-move.

There's a lot of options.

Whether Turdbine has the wherewithall to make it happen is another question entirely. IF they do psions we are probably going to get something more like a warlock, but it's nice to at least dream.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #48 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 4th, 2016 at 12:31pm:
would love new classes. fuck races, classes allow for way more build options.

^This.

That's the whole reason I want more classes. Forcing completionists to TR is all well and good, I just want more build options. I'd especially love to see another wildly splashable class.

Multi-classing is the heart and soul of DDO.

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #49 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
I'd prefer Psionic be an independent enhancement tree, like Harper. Wis-based maybe.  Would save dev time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint