Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Whiny, dumb motherfuckers... (Read 19607 times)
nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Whiny, dumb motherfuckers...
Sep 16th, 2016 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
So, there's this: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478813-Formal-Complaint-Crafting

Here's the OP for those of you who cannot visit:

Quote:
Dear Sirs,

I have spent nearly £100 in real money building 2 crafters ( 1 for my toons, and 1 main crafter ). I have a VIP account.

I did so as I liked being able to make magic stuff. I actually sat down, learnt the shards, and created 2 dedicated characters. I then became one of my guild's crafters ( making stuff for others too ).

Then you did update 32.

I now can't make anything. Apparently I'm a level 1 greeb again. Both crafters ruined. Plus my other characters damaged as well. It might be more than £100 here.

I am FURIOUS.

If you wanted a simpler option for people who aren't as nerdy as me then fair enough, but you could have done that by bringing in Kundarak Crafting. Kundarak Crafting is not as good as Cannith Crafting ( or is it superior, who knows? ), but it is a different style of crafting.

You then have the 2 styles of crafting running alongside each other. Old Cannith stuff ( that many of us know & love ), and new Kundarak ( simpler ). Find Cannith stuff and you're Kundrak? Just trade it *shrugs*. That's what an auction house is for.

You have instead switched off the system I and others learned how to use, and sunk good money into too.

You could easily have brought in this new system under the Kundarak rules, keeping the Cannith rules for us who use them. 2 ways to craft & customise items. Your current decision is simply not acceptable.

The strength of DDO is that it is better than Warcraft BECAUSE of the superior customisation options. This step you have taken is highly regressive.

As for my £100 spent on my Crafters I'll be having that as a refund or you can have a chat with Trading Standards.

Or you can switch Cannith back to how it was before, and file this new system you've introduced under Kundarak.

I'll give you a fair chance, but I will not accept no for an answer after parting with £100-odd.

Yours, suitably unimpressed,

Christian.

I don't even know what to say about this. All of his posts are like this. Hope he gets his hundred pounds back and then they ban his account.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Re: Whiny, dumb motherfuckers...
Reply #1 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
If he meant it I would actually be all in for the guy. Suing turdbin for 100 pounds???

GREATEST TROLL EVER!

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 2:06pm:
So, there's this: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478813-Formal-Complaint-Crafting

Here's the OP for those of you who cannot visit:

I don't even know what to say about this. All of his posts are like this. Hope he gets his hundred pounds back and then they ban his account.

IDK, sounds fun to me. I wonder if we can goad him into following through.

It's a win-win: a headache for Turbine, and he's tied up for hours on hold with Trading Standards.

I agree with him as far as saying the new crafting failed some important goals, but it is in most respects more powerful than the old, and having yet another system would be an even bigger pain. I wouldn't want a rollback, but I'd love to have Turdbin regret not simply dropping the ML of old CC effects and adding a few more recipes, which was all it really needed. Oh, and maybe a fancy way to describe it so it looked as good on somebody's resume  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
how to burn 100 pounds in old cannith crafting? buying essences from store? the guy is dumbass

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #4 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 2:27pm:
IDK, sounds fun to me. I wonder if we can goad him into following through.

It's a win-win: a headache for Turbine, and he's tied up for hours on hold with Trading Standards.

If paying some govt. agency $200 AND spending 12 hours of my life between sitting on the phone and appearing in court would result in compelling Turbine to admit that they made a mistake and then fixing it, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be the only person spending $200 and making myself familiar with the best places to park near the courthouse.

Expert Rockstars.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #5 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 3:22pm:
If paying some govt. agency $200 AND spending 12 hours of my life between sitting on the phone and appearing in court would result in compelling Turbine to admit that they made a mistake and then fixing it, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be the only person spending $200 and making myself familiar with the best places to park near the courthouse.

Expert Rockstars.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 1:59am
Print Post  
oh, you crazy people
which one of you did this?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-DDO-from-fleecing-customers-with-...

the stakes have been raised

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #7 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 2:09am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Sep 17th, 2016 at 1:59am:
oh, you crazy people
which one of you did this?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-DDO-from-fleecing-customers-with-...

the stakes have been raised

LOL.  It would be pretty epic if that managed to get 100k signatures.

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Reply #8 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Quote:
I have spent nearly £100 in real money building 2 crafters

HAHAHAHA fucking scrub.
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2016 at 2:27am by Dullknife »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #9 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 7:29am
Print Post  
100 Quid on crafting ? holy shit.

I almost capped ( 142/144/143 ) just by deconning all the vendor trash I looted. There's no reason to waste money crafting...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

fork
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
I'm guessing he didn't know about crude vials?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #11 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
fork wrote on Sep 17th, 2016 at 7:31pm:

Shit, I didn't know about crude vials until after I capped my crafter. I still did it with zero duping & zero store items.

He might be talking about subscription cost, but WGAF? The fact that there's no itemization, alone, betrays how serious he isn't.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #12 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 1:54am
Print Post  
The biggest flaw (besides spending that much money on crafting) is this:

Quote:
I now can't make anything. Apparently I'm a level 1 greeb again. Both crafters ruined. Plus my other characters damaged as well.

Is blatantly false.  If he was a max level crafter then he would be level 260 in the new system.  That's good to make ML 28 gear out of the gate with no grind.  And you can make any bound items you want.  No limitations. 

You just can't make ML 29, or ML 30 and you can't make unbound, insightful group 2 or group 3 effects.  (the level 50 and 100 effects).

He can, actually, make almost everything.  Nothing is "ruined".  His other characters are not "damaged".

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #13 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 7:49am
Print Post  
fork wrote on Sep 17th, 2016 at 7:31pm:

Crude vial was great, for a while... after while it got boring. went back to deconning.
( and I have other use for crude vials : GRENADE ! )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #14 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 8:19am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 1:54am:
That's good to make ML 28 gear out of the gate with no grind.  And you can make any bound items you want.  No limitations. 

No limits at all except for needing to find new collectables for new versions of the old recipes.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #15 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:25am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 8:19am:
No limits at all except for needing to find new collectables for new versions of the old recipes.

That's true.  But that's not that hard.  As I mentioned in another thread, they are easy to get.   Plenty of quick farms or just run the new content.   Plenty of dispensaries. 

If you want to be able to craft without having to ever run any quests to get the collectibles or essences or dragonshards then that kinda sounds like you don't want to play the game.  Which makes me wonder why you want to craft in the first place. 

Of course there is a way to go crafting only.  No questing.   But it involves crafting unbound shit people want and selling it for shards and then using the shards to buy more collectibles and tomes and dragonshards you need to make more shit.  Which you sell.  It's theoretically possible to set up that kind of operation.   I don't care to but last time around there were a few folks who did that kind of stuff.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 1:54am:
The biggest flaw (besides spending that much money on crafting) is this:

Is blatantly false.  If he was a max level crafter then he would be level 260 in the new system.  That's good to make ML 28 gear out of the gate with no grind.  And you can make any bound items you want.  No limitations. 

You just can't make ML 29, or ML 30 and you can't make unbound, insightful group 2 or group 3 effects.  (the level 50 and 100 effects).

He can, actually, make almost everything.  Nothing is "ruined".  His other characters are not "damaged".

Actually if you read the related thread you would know the guy was a guild crafter and help newbies out type crafter. His entire issue revolves around the loss of the ability to craft good stuff for others.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Snipped a bit.nowAvaultie wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 2:06pm:
I have spent nearly £100 in real money building 2 crafters

I am FURIOUS

I'll give you a fair chance, but I will not accept no for an answer after parting with £100-odd.

Your money is spent.  Grats!
WTF  is Kundarak Crafting?

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #18 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
karavek wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:46am:
Actually if you read the related thread you would know the guy was a guild crafter and help newbies out type crafter. His entire issue revolves around the loss of the ability to craft good stuff for others.

Actually if you understand the system, he can craft unbound group 0, 50, and 100 shards.   He just can't craft unbound insightful shards.   None of which he could craft in the old system.   Because insightful wasn't available.  He can also craft ml 25 items and above.  Before his ability capped at gear that was ml 20.   So he can craft all the same unbound stuff for his guildies he could craft before (except the stuff they removed, which is a minority) at a higher ml than before.  That's not equivalent to "I can't craft anything".  he just can't craft EVERYTHING. 
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2016 at 12:25pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 17th, 2016 at 2:09am:
It would be pretty epic if that managed to get 1k signatures.

ftfy. that would be every player the game has

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #20 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 12:24pm:
Actually if you understand the system, he can craft unbound group 0, 50, and 100 shards.   He just can't craft unbound insightful shards.   None of which he could craft in the old system.   Because insightful wasn't available.  He can also craft ml 25 items and above.  Before his ability capped at gear that was ml 20.   So he can craft all the same unbound stuff for his guildies he could craft before (except the stuff they removed, which is a minority) at a higher ml than before.  That's not equivalent to "I can't craft anything".  he just can't craft EVERYTHING. 

Stop sucking Turbine's knob and think for yourself for a few minutes.  Think it all the way through.  While the exact details of his complaint may be offbase, his main point is spot on.  Sure, he *can* craft all those wonderful, unbound things to help newbies and guildies... as long as he has piles of PEDs and rare collectibles lying around.   Roll Eyes

The PED and collectible requirements have made the unbound portion of the crafting system very anti-sharing friendly.  While the new crafting system is better than the old in many ways, this is not one of them.

I've gone from being able to craft most anything my guildies needed for their TRs without asking for anything in return to a "Sure, I can craft whatever you want as long as you provide the PEDs and collectibles".  For guildies, I might even spot them a PED or rare collectible if needed, but I'm damned sure not going to do that for some random newb who may or may not quit the game once he hits level 10.

The new system is great for the crafters themselves.  It's pretty shitty for the non-crafters.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #21 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 1:19pm:
ftfy. that would be every player the game has

Yes, but that wouldn't qualify as epic.  Getting 100k signatures and having the White House officially respond to it would be hilarious. 

That's the kind of bad PR that might actually get WB to wake up and take notice of how poorly Turbine is managing the game.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #22 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:25am:
That's true. But

There's the word that's fooling you into thinking anything that follows matters one fucking bit.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #23 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 5:11pm:
I just like to bitch about things, even if it doesn't make sense.

GFY.  It's not that difficult to get the new mats.  Several players have documented how you can get enough to make items in 30 minutes or less.  That doesn't even qualify as grind.  And you don't even have to think for yourself.  Better players have figured out the best path and shown you the way.  If you can't take it from there, try a lower difficulty.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #24 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 8:02pm:
Several players have documented how you can get enough to make items in 30 minutes or less.

I caught the Tavern Brawl for most of the collectibles, and I own the pack on one of my accounts, but did somebody post how to get the 5 PEDs in half an hour of grind? If so, would you mind posting a link?

Also Legendary Tavern Brawl isn't available to many, was there a reasonable new collectibles path that doesn't start with "Grind to level 30 and buy pack XYZ"?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint