Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) hotfix 3.19 (Read 41410 times)
SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: hotfix 3.19
Reply #25 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 6:14am
Print Post  
The things I really would like to dupe and what would make me think about duping are commendations of valor atm. They are a very unfun grind. Hell even grinding 6m exp in an off destiny is far from beeing fun... but yeah... Turbine hat do combine unfun grinds for the epic and iconinc reincarnation... -.-

But yeah... as long as I don't know how to dupe now I don't have to thing about the risks and stuff and decide if I would really do it.
Because I don't really want a ban for several days/weeks.
And even if Turbine doesn't catch everyone... I can still be unlucky. Cheesy

Haven't run the new raids more than once currently, so I don't know how much grind the crafting there is. But I am fine with running the raid 2-3 months till I got my T3 weapon.

And yeah... didn't really think they would fix something important for the players with a hotfix... was more a cry for help.  Cry

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #26 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 6:24am
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 6:14am:
The things I really would like to dupe and what would make me think about duping are commendations of valor atm. They are a very unfun grind. Hell even grinding 6m exp in an off destiny is far from beeing fun... but yeah... Turbine hat do combine unfun grinds for the epic and iconinc reincarnation... -.-

But yeah... as long as I don't know how to dupe now I don't have to thing about the risks and stuff and decide if I would really do it.
Because I don't really want a ban for several days/weeks.
And even if Turbine doesn't catch everyone... I can still be unlucky. Cheesy

Haven't run the new raids more than once currently, so I don't know how much grind the crafting there is. But I am fine with running the raid 2-3 months till I got my T3 weapon.

And yeah... didn't really think they would fix something important for the players with a hotfix... was more a cry for help.  Cry

But yeah, Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #27 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 6:24am
Print Post  
ThatLukeGuy wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 2:36am:
(Trade): [Shokwave] wtt 50 Fire Dragon Scales / 50 Shadow Dragon Scales / 3 Classic D&D IX Cards / 3 Classic D&D X Cards / 3 Classic D&D XI Cards for otto's box or xp stone

You can say names of the retards on the Vault.
Those posting duped shit on asah or selling to newbies.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #28 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 6:31am
Print Post  
You can even say names of plain retards. Calling Uska, Maddmatt or Fran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a retard won't get you banned here  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #29 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 6:33am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 6:31am:
You can even say names of plain retards. Calling Uska, Maddmatt or Fran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a retard won't get you banned here  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

In here... although I'm afraid that those perceived offenses will be infracted to your account over in the main forums. And quite possibly in-game, depending on the amount of spunk the offended folks have sucked from Cordovan's balls.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #30 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 6:52am
Print Post  
Eh, I missed it too.  Just like all the others  :/

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 8:17am
Print Post  
Damn, thats the only time I can play.
Guess I am not playing today : (

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 8:27am
Print Post  
If they are fixing what I think they are fixing it's an exploit that very much hits them directly in the cash cow's udder.  Combined with the return of the dupe bug it's the biggest game changing shift ddo will have had in it's 8 years.

Way to celebrate the birthday Turbine.

IP Logged

Athanor
Waterworks Kobold

Carpe Diem!

Reply #33 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 8:44am
Print Post  
PM pls : )

We need more guillotine's revolutions!!!

IP Logged

KilgoreTrout
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 9:01am
Print Post  
GimpyPaw wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 8:27am:
If they are fixing what I think they are fixing it's an exploit that very much hits them directly in the cash cow's udder.  Combined with the return of the dupe bug it's the biggest game changing shift ddo will have had in it's 8 years.

I suspect it is the bug that allows you to get cards on a level 1 character.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #35 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 9:05am
Print Post  
KilgoreTrout wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 9:01am:

That was already fixed.

And yeah - that will hurt them. A lot. Considering that their ddostore xp pots will be freely available.

Now, if only I could dupe turbine points using the ladder bug...

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #36 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 9:13am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 9:05am:
That was already fixed.

No.

IP Logged

KilgoreTrout
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 9:19am
Print Post  
That was already fixed.

And yeah - that will hurt them. A lot. Considering that their ddostore xp pots will be freely available.

I have it on *cough*good authority*cough* that the ladder dupe exploit was fixed but the level 1 card exploit is still active.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #38 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 9:22am
Print Post  
KilgoreTrout wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 9:19am:
I have it on *cough*good authority*cough* that the ladder dupe exploit was fixed but the level 1 card exploit is still active.

Interesting.

This shall be done.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 9:22am
Print Post  
KilgoreTrout wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 9:01am:

That bug is really not even worth fixing.  It lets you get 6 cards (plus 1/day) for 10 minutes of work.  Anything that requires 10 minutes of work isn't going to be something that people exploit excessively.  And it is only exploitable for 30-ish days no matter what.  And when people do exploit it, Turbine gets to see increased login activity.

They have bigger fish to fry.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #40 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 9:33am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 9:22am:
That bug is really not even worth fixing.  It lets you get 6 cards (plus 1/day) for 10 minutes of work.  Anything that requires 10 minutes of work isn't going to be something that people exploit excessively.  And it is only exploitable for 30-ish days no matter what.  And when people do exploit it, Turbine gets to see increased login activity.

Sovereign XP pots for 15 minutes of work?
That sounds awesome.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

KilgoreTrout
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 9:35am
Print Post  

Fair point. Sounds like there is another exploit around that I am unaware of then.

Although the level 1 exploit could mean a significant loss of income for Turbine as well.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #42 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 9:58am
Print Post  

mmm fried walleye or northern pike pls, from the clean streams of Manitoba

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #43 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 10:03am
Print Post  
That was already fixed.

No. Smiley

Their emergency hotfix for duping reverted it, you could do it again on level 1 chars, and more importantly all your alts could get a roll every day.

I wonder if this was fixed today.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #44 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 10:45am
Print Post  
GimpyPaw wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 8:27am:

You are "Stainer"-ing. I can play like that too.

I know for fact they are fixing the bug that existed for the last 4+ years since they fucked up titan raid (when titan was killing the pillars for you, or rather for your failure), when ppl were linkin all their raid loot, leading to one of the many big ban(g)s. It is time they removed raid ransack bug, it was way too obvious.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #45 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Durk wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 10:03am:
No. Smiley

Their emergency hotfix for duping reverted it, you could do it again on level 1 chars, and more importantly all your alts could get a roll every day.

ACtually you did not get a roll on each toon, i do know i got that bug too, i cud roll on my altz, but after that, only 1 toon cud roll/day. Unless ofc u were a lucky one who could roll on each toon every day. Which would mean turbine is providing exploits for the wrong people -.- Angry

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Robairee
Korthos Resident

Message Epoch for Fire
Cave details!

Reply #46 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 11:25am
Print Post  
So what was the fix for?  Does the card thing for lvl 1's still work (I'd test, but that's way too much trouble).

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Robairee wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 11:25am:
So what was the fix for?  Does the card thing for lvl 1's still work (I'd test, but that's way too much trouble).

Umm, scrolll up?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #48 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Durk wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 10:03am:
No. Smiley

so is everything "un"fixed again or did they finally fix the u21 mats and the card exploit?

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #49 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Quak wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 12:02pm:
so is everything "un"fixed again or did they finally fix the u21 mats and the card exploit?

It really is a lot to keep track of!

Maybe someone here can suggest a version tracking solution that the players can use to manage this information.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint